Afraid

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinzoku

Reaction score
I've found that it's nearly impossible for me to make friends because I'm afraid of being seen as an attention beggar and everyone always ridicules those kinds of people at school. I love to draw and write, but I'm afraid to show anyone, still thinking I'll be seen as an attention beggar. My best friend keeps telling me to stop and just say 'screw it' and learn that I won't be, but I have this nagging feeling that if I even say something, the entire school with think bad of me. :/

You wrote that you have a best friend so you are not completely without friends. How did you become friends with this person? Could you use the experience to help you develop new friendships? Or does your friend have other friends who might include you in their circle?

Shinzoku said:
I've found that it's nearly impossible for me to make friends because I'm afraid of being seen as an attention beggar and everyone always ridicules those kinds of people at school. I love to draw and write, but I'm afraid to show anyone, still thinking I'll be seen as an attention beggar. My best friend keeps telling me to stop and just say 'screw it' and learn that I won't be, but I have this nagging feeling that if I even say something, the entire school with think bad of me. :/

I wouldn't show my drawings to someone - that's peddling yourself. I'd draw in class and only talk about it to somebody who comes and tells me they like my drawing, or when I accost other people, I'd try to talk about something I liked about that person.

Latest posts

Back