ALONE FOREVER NEWBIE FROM LONDON

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondintherough

Reaction score
Hi my name is Lottie and I live in London . I’m female and 17.
I’ve always been alone from a young age. I’ve always made a few friends here and there but nothing with a real connection. I was bullied my whole primary school child hood and my mum ridiculed me telling me I was stupid because I wasn’t very academic.
When I joined secondary school I worked very hard to please my mother by becoming academic but I have confidence issues still and I’ve never been able to get over these.
Now that I’m 17 these confidence issues are becoming more and more apparent to me and I no longer want to tag along being the outsider I just stay alone all the time because I am unable to make friends. When I talk I feel that I am boring so now I rarely talk unless I have something to say which is rare. I have no confidence and I don’t know what to do anymore. I have accepted that I am a loner so I eat my lunch alone and go out on my own but I still have a void. 

Hi Lottie, welcome to ALL :)

You don't have to be a loner if you don't want to be. It's hard, but just say hi to people you pass, eventually it will get easy and you can move on to more of a conversation.

its not that bad. there is always a way out of all. there are a few ALL members in London, me included.
i wish you the best and hope you enjoy your stay here in ALL.

diamondintherough said:
I’ve always been alone from a young age. I’ve always made a few friends here and there but nothing with a real connection. I was bullied my whole primary school child hood and my mum ridiculed me telling me I was stupid because I wasn’t very academic.
When I joined secondary school I worked very hard to please my mother by becoming academic but I have confidence issues still and I’ve never been able to get over these.
Now that I’m 17 these confidence issues are becoming more and more apparent to me and I no longer want to tag along being the outsider I just stay alone all the time because I am unable to make friends. When I talk I feel that I am boring so now I rarely talk unless I have something to say which is rare. I have no confidence and I don’t know what to do anymore. I have accepted that I am a loner so I eat my lunch alone and go out on my own but I still have a void. 

See you had a lot to say here ;) Glad to have you on board, diamond!

Welcome to the forum. Get yourself out there, work hard on your confidence and it will get easier. Do it now while you are young.

Another Londoner? Lovely :D Welcome to ALL~ Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's good to see other Londoners on here. That can come across wrongly, but I mean it in a good way >.<' I'm from London too. It can be quite the challenge living here. I hope you enjoy your stay :D PM me anytime~

diamondintherough said:

Welcome to the forums, Lottie.

I hope you are able to find a friend here.

I don't mind PMs if you want to talk. I'm an old fat guy, so you might want somebody closer to your age. LOL. : )

Probably you have not met the right friends. You are so young and you will be meeting lots of people and I hope you find some really good friends. Sometimes it also good to have people to lunch with.

London can be a lonely place. Don't let the self-indulged, tunnel vision atmos get you down or take it personally. Its probably not you, just the ignorant city you live in.

Latest posts

Back