Am I right to be angry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope you do make yourself heard well and clear. If you don't and just go along, this isn't going to be the last time they do such things to you. It's not right... I don't think you should consider such people friends. I know I would just either up and leave and find my own place or talk to them and stay only if they agree to be fair and considerate in the future with you.

I want out of the arrangement, at this stage. This latest insult is just once too often.

I don't really care anymore if getting out means that I might have to lose someone who is important to me. Maybe it's for the best, it's quite clear to me now that I'm someone they think they can lead by the nose. I know we all use people in one way or another, often in benevolent ways, but this is just self-serving and cynical.

^Glad you know it and is aware of it. I would advice getting out of that arrangement as well. They don't seem to care much for you, anyway.

I'll just say this: If you continue on with this, and put up with all they do to you, then you can't complain. You don't have to live with them. You do have other options. Maybe that's why I just don't believe in that 22 stuff. There are always options. It's your choice. Personally, I don't care about odds. I've beaten the odds, with many things, and there's always an option.

But if you refuse to stand up for yourself, then you can't possibly complain when they do something else in the wrong to you. You either put up with it, or you use your other options. Hopefully, they'll eventually see how they treat you, and realize that it's not right of them.

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to give you all one final update. After two weeks of being given the runaround, my patience wore thin and I decided to just tell them I wasn't moving in with them by text message. Not an ideal way of doing things, I know, but I just wanted an end to it. Twenty-four hours later and not a word in reply from them. The main thing is I've gotten out of a bad situation and it's an unbelievable weight off my mind.

Thank you all so much for your advice and, most of all, for your kindness. If I hadn't posted my problem here, I might not have felt strong enough to speak out. :)

*hugs* glad you got through it and it's behind you now. The fact that they didn't respond to your text says a lot of the fact that they really don't care.

Good luck, lifestream!

Latest posts

Back