An Epiphany

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryKoreanMan

Reaction score
I was mountain biking in the desert yesterday which was awesome until i suddenly decided to do a random bunny hop off a small hill. Upon landing, my front tyre buckled sending me crashing to the ground. With the blistering sun scorching my face at 5pm in the afternoon i carried my bike and walked home (i live pretty close about 2-3 hrs walk). After a while i decided to take a break and just sit there and watch the sun set and that's when it hit me, a sudden realisation of everything i've known and learnt. The feeling was like an amalgam of crying, laughing, smiling which left me in a state of nirvana of sorts. I've come to accept the unknown and embraced drifting into the void. I accept my own death, having no purpose and for now i'll just let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure whether this was a spiritual kind of thing or if i had gone mad from being severely dehydrated (i only brought 1.5 Litres of water) but it was amazing.

Oh and i was listening to this song most of the time, I only have 4 songs (Guaranteed-Pearl Jam, Tom Sawyer-Rush, BrodyQuest and Tribute-Tenacious D) on my mp3 player.

[video=youtube]

kind of fitting don't ya think?

Peace, Love

wow, thanks for sharing... I love that feeling, of beeing one with the world. Reading your story reminded me of my own, i can only access a glimps of the feelings i had at the time, the experience was so intense.

This post is awesome. I think that's the way to live myself, but I'm still trying to get my emotions to agree. Keep doing you, sir.

On a side-note, does anyone else notice that this sounds alot like the central theme of the movie 'Fight Club'?

Aw man, that song is fantastic. I love Into the wild, absolutely fantastic film.

Latest posts

Back