another lonely sod reporting in

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinisterplague

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say here really.
I'm about to turn 20 in a few days, honeysuckle only 3 days! Just looked at the date. Christ, 20 years and not honeysuckle to show for it.
Well I'll try to keep this brief. I moved to Ohio somewhere between Dayton and Columbus almost two years ago. I had a few friendships, all which were short lived. Had a few relationships, including the first love/heartbreak BS. Never quite healed right since I live in a smallish town and didn't have a support group, hobby, things to do at night, too many other people to see, and all the bollocks professionals online recommend doing to move on with your life. I'm either on the computer, at school getting jack honeysuckle done, the xbox 360, or watching my favorite shows (Rescue Me, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Dexter). I tried being more social, or less antagonistic at the least, but could never really connect with people. Not for long anyways.
About fifteen minutes ago I thought, "wonder if there's a site for other lonely bums like me,"so I googled "lonely forums" sure enough here it is.

So yeah, that's about all I gotta say.

sinisterplague said:
I'm about to turn 20 in a few days, honeysuckle only 3 days! Just looked at the date. Christ, 20 years and not honeysuckle to show for it.
Well I'll try to keep this brief. I moved to Ohio somewhere between Dayton and Columbus almost two years ago. I had a few friendships, all which were short lived. Had a few relationships, including the first love/heartbreak BS. Never quite healed right since I live in a smallish town and didn't have a support group, hobby, things to do at night, too many other people to see, and all the bollocks professionals online recommend doing to move on with your life. I'm either on the computer, at school getting jack honeysuckle done, the xbox 360, or watching my favorite shows (Rescue Me, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Dexter). I tried being more social, or less antagonistic at the least, but could never really connect with people. Not for long anyways.
About fifteen minutes ago I thought, "wonder if there's a site for other lonely bums like me,"so I googled "lonely forums" sure enough here it is.

That's how I found ALL too. Welcome. Oh,and btw feel free to drop into chat,it's fun!

Hello. Hm. You do realize that very few people accomplish much by the time they are 20, right? I mean, you just got done being a child. In the eyes of many, you are still a child.

Welcome to the forum

EveWasFramed said:
May I call you Sin, Sinster?:p

I like how you called me by a nickname, and gave a nickname for that nickname. lol. But yes you may call me that if you'd like. My eyes tend to catch "sinister" though probably more than "sin" because that's usually what they call me in another forum I frequent (conservativepunk.com).

EveWasFramed said:
So....where ya from, Sin?:)

I currently reside in Springfield, Ohio. But I was born in San Diego and grew up in Orange County, CA.

nerdygirl said:
Hello. Hm. You do realize that very few people accomplish much by the time they are 20, right? I mean, you just got done being a child. In the eyes of many, you are still a child.

Yeah that is true. I just don't feel like I've had the same high school experience others have had or am having the real "college experience" right now. Also I've always wanted to be a fictional author but have yet to complete one novel.

The Wonderful Sin said:
But things will get confusing with 2 Sins :(

haha

And Nilla, you are using the same Gamer-pic on XBL as my little bro.

I think that's her way of saying you've been replaced :p

sinisterplague said:

I think you are being very hard on yourself. I don't mean to come across sounding a jerk or anything, but the seriousness I sense you feel tends to fade the older you get and the more crap you go through.

Life also, if you are lucky, tends to sober a person to a fair extent. Just be sure you don't become too jaded though. Circumstances can either make you bitter, or they can make you bitter.

Take for example my particular situation. I'm 36, never married, moved to the south 4 years ago after my mother died from Cancer. My father filed a **** restraining order on me over an argument we had (having to lie to the police in order to do that) causing me to split. I've never married - was engaged twice - the first ended over religious differences, and the second died from a very rare genetic diease about ONE YEAR ago.

I have been on antidepressants and sleeping aids, and I am trying to stave off the desire to drink (which landed me in the hospital for 6 days last time 3 years back).

To top that all off I lost my job earlier this week!

I have very good reason to gripe, and good reason to feel lonely as well.

rdoearth said:
I think you are being very hard on yourself. I don't mean to come across sounding a jerk or anything, but the seriousness I sense you feel tends to fade the older you get and the more crap you go through.

Life also, if you are lucky, tends to sober a person to a fair extent. Just be sure you don't become too jaded though. Circumstances can either make you bitter, or they can make you bitter.

Take for example my particular situation. I'm 36, never married, moved to the south 4 years ago after my mother died from Cancer. My father filed a **** restraining order on me over an argument we had (having to lie to the police in order to do that) causing me to split. I've never married - was engaged twice - the first ended over religious differences, and the second died from a very rare genetic diease about ONE YEAR ago.

I have been on antidepressants and sleeping aids, and I am trying to stave off the desire to drink (which landed me in the hospital for 6 days last time 3 years back).

To top that all off I lost my job earlier this week!

I have very good reason to gripe, and good reason to feel lonely as well.

I figured there would be people on here who'd make my life look like a dream come true in comparison. Sounds like you've been through a lot of honeysuckle. How do you make it through?

Latest posts

Back