Any Lord of the Rings Fans Here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wessik

Reaction score
So I finally got the fellowship of the rings. I must say, it is turning out to be quite an adventure! The characters are not at all how the movies portrayed them. (Although, one should be wary here. "Not at all" has a tendency to be used as a synonym for "not precisely", for some reason. :D)

What do you guys think? Who is your favorite character? Oh, and the journey to the prancing pony was so different! Lol!

I read the fellowship and the two towers but I pretty much forget them. :l

I really enjoyed "The Lord of the Rings", though even better I loved "The Hobbit", latter one is one of my favorite books. Unfortunately it is a while since I read them though, so not fresh in my mind.

I agree, characters in the films were much different, especially Frodo. My favorite character was Sam I think.. who is your favorite, Wessik?

I read them back in middle school after a game I was playing had a trivia featuring some fact or other. My brother had copies.

I miss Tom Bombadil.

I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings. I much prefer the books, which is strange because I saw the films first haha. The movies are still great though.

My favourite character was always Boromir.

Ah, Jack! A fellow fan of Boromir, I see. Why is he your favorite character? I admit, I haven't reached him in the book yet, so only know him from the movies. I like him because of the way he struggled with temptation. He was one of the first characters to succumb to the Rings power, and yet still managed to redeem himself by protecting frodo. I think that makes him and his family very interesting.

Sam is pretty cool, too. He gets the Girl in the end. :D

Wessik said:
Ah, Jack! A fellow fan of Boromir, I see. Why is he your favorite character? I admit, I haven't reached him in the book yet, so only know him from the movies. I like him because of the way he struggled with temptation. He was one of the first characters to succumb to the Rings power, and yet still managed to redeem himself by protecting frodo. I think that makes him and his family very interesting.

Sam is pretty cool, too. He gets the Girl in the end. :D

I liked him because he was tragic. He was strong and proud, but his excessive passion and love for his people was ultimately his downfall, I think. His intense desire to do good caused him to underestimate the evil power of the ring, and that led to him being corrupted. I liked how he repents during his death, showing his true self and admitting to his mistake.

Loved the movies and read the first book and the hobbit also. Preferred the book for some reason but keep meaning to read the other two.

Cant wait for the hobbit movie to be out in the cinema :).

Latest posts

Back