Any of you in college feel like me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I just joined and I was curious if anyone is in my situation or one close to it.

I'll be vague because I like anonymity talking about stuff like this.

I'm currently 19 and a college student in North Carolina. I'm very driven, currently applying to professional school (health field).

To describe my situation:

I'm not an outcast, socially awkward, or look like Frankenstein...But I don't like the crazy college lifestyle people have...so I end up not having a life.
I have a lot of acquaintances and semi-friends. As far as with girls, I'm a walking friend zone.

My daily routine is: get up, go to class, life stuff/study, sit alone, sleep.

To use unconventional methods to describe my situation (I think it will work better)....

I've been invited by many people to go to parties/"out", but I don't want to go to parties. I'll throw a status up on Facebook and get double digit likes...but I have single digit pictures on Facebook. I was called 'stud muffin' at one time by the guys in the dorm because they kept seeing me with hot girls, but they're all 100% friend zone.

Anyway, I just want to be on here to talk with people for the most part. I would like to have people to talk to :D.

Im in a similar situation to you....minus the friends =/ I tried to send you a message but it wouldnt let me on your page, send me one

Kinda the same situation too except I'm not in college yet haha. Like you said I'd just like people to talk to too. Message me anytime you wanna talk. We're the same age so we should have stuff in common haha

Your an introvert. No problem about it. You should be happy living the life you want to live, parties and the such isn't for everyone.

I remember when I went to a party (the only one I've been to in my entire life), I thought it was going to be a blast, other 16 year old guys and girls and lots of alcohol. Sure it was fun, but it wasn't as hyped up as I thought it would be. From that moment on I accepted the fact that I am more of an introvert than extrovert; which could be the same for you.

im a senior in college and feel the EXACT same way. I'm a good looking guy, in shape, management major with a good gpa BUT the college lifestyle annoys the hell out of me. The party scene is so incredibly overrated. Its almost comical how people try to turn their 4, or in alot of cases 5-6, years of college into what they've seen in movies. Its w/e though. Hit the books, get out of there with a respectable gpa, and don't let people pressure you into turning into a fat, drunk slob because everyone else is "doing it". Life doesn't end after college man. Our prime years, as men, are still way ahead of us. Don't fck up your life earlier by doing poorly in college. there's much to look forward to.

I am much, much older than the typical college age, but am attending a community college, and may be transferring to a bigger one. I'm 29.

I feel definitely out of place among the 19 year olds - well, there's a 10 year age difference! - and I have been in college in some form since age 19 (working on and off, and taking classes on and off.) I am in my fifth major, believe it or not, and it's been all around the board.

Anyway, I hate the party scene, since I did it all in my early 20's and am done with it. I partied, did vodka shots, the works. I lived in the dorms for a while, partied with the best of them, despite being the outcast compared to my peers. My idea of a party right now is coffee and a good book, and some peace and quiet!

Anyway, I can understand how it can not be attractive, even to someone who has never had independence before. Part of that phase is being able to do things that you were never allowed to do in your parent's house. You get to get drunk a few times, you have some embarrassing moments, and you get to laugh about it when you're my age (although I would hope that, by my age, you are out of college, working a good job, and settled down with a wife and kids rather than being single and trying to get through college still)...but I reiterate, being bookish and quiet is nothing to be ashamed of, nor not being a party person is nothing to be ashamed of!

Like everyone else is saying if your not into the party scene. No big deal. Just do what you enjoy

I'm in precisely the same boat. Except I'm a freshman in college (planning on pursuing a career in the health field :D). All I do is go to class, study, eat and sleep. Partying has never really appealed to me, but I always wish I had something to do or someone to hang out with.

The "college experience" is a house of cards of a social contrivance. People exhibit behavior that never shows before or after, and its manifestation in college is resultant of expectations for what the experience should resemble, not any authentically proactive impulse. I agree with you entirely, don't suspend your disbelief of that lifestyle if you have the foresight to see that it's ephemeral anyway.... Seems that many use college to excuse their, what would otherwise be shameful, hedonism.

Who really wants the "college experience?"

When I think of the whole frat scene: drinking beer until you pass out, screwing random girls, staying up all night and not studying...

I can see why so many people drop out of college in their first year. Not to say that I'm any better, because I am almost 30 and still in college, but...shoot...I am on like my sixth major! And I have gotten generally good grades, for the most part.

Not to say that I would be accepted into a fraternity, even if I wanted to be. I don't look or act the part. I mostly hide in the libraries, behind a book or tucked into a corner listening to my iTunes.

switch the "sit alone" part to "doing homework/studying/tutoring with the opposite sex"

Latest posts

Back