Australia Day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Australia day wasn't bad this year. Perth had a ban on alcohol for those entering to the city to watch the fireworks, so a large chunk of people didn't show up. Says a lot about us Australian's... I didn't mind though because I found a nice spot to watch it, without some inebriated fellow stumbling up asking me where the nearest toilet was before collapsing on the lawn.

I missed about the first 5 minutes of the fireworks because I was still on the train (miscalculated my time!), but it had a really awesome / scary side effect. As the train pulled up in the underground station everyone could hear the fireworks going off above us, which sounded like AA guns / bombs... Little kids were screaming with excitement (the same scream they use for terror). Then as we got out onto the street all of the smoke / fog from the fireworks was in the air and 4-5 huge search / spot lights with aimed at the sky. I thought I was in London in 1940 all of a sudden. 0_0

All up it was a nice day, I didn't have to go to work...

Very cool picture by the way samuel. :)

Latest posts

Back