Being Emotionally Oversensitive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edamame721

Reaction score
I admit, I'm oversensitive and get easily hurt by remarks.

When my sibling complained about my mother leaving to go meet a friend on Xmas, because the holiday was one for family, she rebuffed my offer to go to the movies with me (my treat). She then went home to meet with her own friend.

As a family member, I felt slighted. When I confronted her she said she didn't want to waste money on an activity she didn't enjoy -- and that was all there was to it. She said she's sorry if I was offended and didn't mean it, but I still don't know why there's such a disconnect between her words and her actions.

Am I just being oversensitive? Are you oversensitive? And how do you figure out when you are being so?

Considering the circumstances I don't think you were being oversensitive. Now if it was just some regular old day, then maybe a little.

I can be sometimes, I'll admit it. I can just tell when I am and try to pull myself together. Really hard to do sometimes depending on what state of mind I'm in. Sometimes if I can shake my mind off onto something else I try to do that.

I am an over-sensitive person as well. I am also very insecure (don't know how that connects). I lose friends easily from my oversensitivy. I don't really know how to give you a good advice because I'm trying to fix myself as well. All I can do for now is pray and hope for the best.

I am very over-sensitive. I find even small things to be a person slight against me. Unfortunately as I have gotten older, I have also become emotional about really small things. Nice combination.

Latest posts

Back