Can someone invite me to America please the UK Sucks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
The past few years I don’t know how anyone in the UK makes friends. People are so self absorbed and mean spirited. Your neighbours don’t talk to you, people in the street wont talk to you, people in bars and clubs wont talk to you unless they want to f*** you. If anyone at your work talks to you even if you get on like an house on fire you are a ‘work friend’ or ‘colleague’, not a proper friend.

I joined a gym a couple of months ago. Been going 3 times a week, the same faces are most times but no one talks to you and more than that I have noticed they avoid eye contact so as to make sure you don’t speak to them.

It's a beautiful land full of ugly souls. The USA must be better, with the added option of getting your face blown off...

Your cordially invited. Though I'm not sure that it will be as great as you think it will be. People can be mean here too.

Might not be too relevant, but why would you want to talk in the gym anyhow?
When I'm in the gym I don't talk to anyone because I want to concentrate and get my workout done.
Plus most people have their earphones in while their working out so that rules out talking.

Apart from that I agree with you though, people are cold towards eachother if they don't know eachother.

It depends where you are in the states, if your car breaks down in the south someone will help you, up north, good freaking luck.

Her Royal Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland may not be the most desirable place to live but there are far greater places than the US.

cumulus.james said:
The past few years I don’t know how anyone in the UK makes friends. People are so self absorbed and mean spirited. Your neighbours don’t talk to you, people in the street wont talk to you, people in bars and clubs wont talk to you unless they want to f*** you. If anyone at your work talks to you even if you get on like an house on fire you are a ‘work friend’ or ‘colleague’, not a proper friend.

I joined a gym a couple of months ago. Been going 3 times a week, the same faces are most times but no one talks to you and more than that I have noticed they avoid eye contact so as to make sure you don’t speak to them.

It's a beautiful land full of ugly souls. The USA must be better, with the added option of getting your face blown off...

I agree, its crap! But Im holding out for an invite to Australia someday...

I agree; I've thought the same thing a lot myself. The US does seem just way more friendly and sociable a place in general than the UK. Then again, Canada seems like an even better bet.

Poguesy said:
Her Royal Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland may not be the most desirable place to live but there are far greater places than the US.

Like where? I hought the Chinese and Japanese seemed a a nice bunch of fellows. But the nuciar disaster means its off limits. They have enough to on thier plates I think.

[/quote]

I agree, its crap! But Im holding out for an invite to Australia someday...
[/quote]

Australia seems nice - but its hot. S*** hot!, has no seasons and away from the beach it's a pretty bland loking place. And the horrid spiders EEEK!.

If life in aus is like on Home and Away then I'm in.

DaveIsLonely said:
I agree; I've thought the same thing a lot myself. The US does seem just way more friendly and sociable a place in general than the UK. Then again, Canada seems like an even better bet.

Your right Canada is better - I think it was Toronto that was named the best place to live last year. But you forget about Canada, they seem to keep themselves to themselves and are rarely in the news. Russia would be the most interesting place to live - there was a *cough* cam site based in Russia I used to talk to them a lot, they are bonkers! and they drink vodka all day and hang their rugs on the wall for some strange reason....

I dont much more about UK i have never been to UK in my life but i can tell when you start making friends without attitude start hello , how are you then you will see the difference .

some times they will ignore to you go away next time you will happy about it you have talked some one to whom you dont know start making new friends,

It would be facebook, twitter or any one where , but start making new friends.

email me

[email protected]

Narsing

I dont much more about UK i have never been to UK in my life but i can tell when you start making friends without attitude start hello , how are you then you will see the difference .

some times they will ignore to you go away next time you will happy about it you have talked some one to whom you dont know start making new friends,

It would be facebook, twitter or any one where , but start making new friends.

email me

[email protected]
Narsing

cumulus.james said:
The USA must be better, with the added option of getting your face blown off...

...And what, exactly, do you mean by "getting your face blown off?"

PLEASE tell me this isn't a manifestation of common "European-douchey-THEY-GOTS-GUNS" attitude honeysuckle.

Badjedidude said:
cumulus.james said:
The USA must be better, with the added option of getting your face blown off...

...And what, exactly, do you mean by "getting your face blown off?"

PLEASE tell me this isn't a manifestation of common "European-douchey-THEY-GOTS-GUNS" attitude honeysuckle.
Minus the cussing, I was wondering the same thing.

You ain't gonna make any friends in the friendly US south if you have issues with guns.

I dunno...I don't talk to people at the gym either.

Have you been here before? It's really not that different. I suppose work friends are more likely to be 'friend' friends than over there, but eh.

We do have lots of guns, though. Make sure you move to California if you're afraid of them.

Latest posts

Back