Can't even seem to get a job interview any more.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
Much less a job.

Employers must somehow detect the fact I'm a loser in life just by reading my C.V.

I don't ever expect to enter employment again. I'm 22 years old, been out of work for nearly two years and to be quite honest I'm past the point of even caring. I guess I'll be content to simply rot away.

Haha no, it's not loserness. It's the economy. I can't get job interviews or offers, either.

Don't be content with rotting! @_@ There's always stuff you could do to earn money. Why not take up knitting? You could sell your creations on ebay. Hell, it'd fill up the empty time you have when not employed. :p I make and sell chainmail jewelry and armor locally...that's just one little thing I do to keep the money coming in.

My point is this: Think outside of the box. Who ever said that gainful employment was the only way to work and get paid for it?

----Steve

i feel your pain, believe me.

i too, am unemployed, and i am a supermotivated person.

my problem isn't so much "finding a job" per se.

my problem is dealing with underhanded, backstabbing coworkers who can sense your overall aura of "goodness" and attack you when you aren't looking.

i don't do politics well.

Just_Some_Dude said:
i feel your pain, believe me.

i too, am unemployed, and i am a supermotivated person.

my problem isn't so much "finding a job" per se.

my problem is dealing with underhanded, backstabbing coworkers who can sense your overall aura of "goodness" and attack you when you aren't looking.

i don't do politics well.

There's this saying from a Chinese movie I watched a long while ago,,, If you want to be nice and express your "Aura of Gooodness" without being backstabbed and underhanded....You Have to have the capacity to be even more Cold hearted (but don't be :p) than all the other backstabbing bastards out there, or else how can you stand them all?

Just felt like putting that here, i think it's really true and applicable advice :D

Sway said:
There's this saying from a Chinese movie I watched a long while ago,,, If you want to be nice and express your "Aura of Gooodness" without being backstabbed and underhanded....You Have to have the capacity to be even more Cold hearted (but don't be :p) than all the other backstabbing bastards out there, or else how can you stand them all?

Just felt like putting that here, i think it's really true and applicable advice :D

so, let me get this straight...

you are ordering me to kill people!!! :club:

just kidding! :D

YES~~! Why of course! What better way to deal with those backstabbing ******** ?? LOL

But yeah actually its just figuratively speaking, u just have to be able able to beat them in their own little game :D

Don't take it personally, there are about a million (at least?) other people in your shoes in this country. My husband is what they call "underemployed." He has a good work history in marketing and graphic design, but there are NO jobs in his field in this area we moved to. Now he's stuck working a part-time overnight retail job (it even took him a while to get one of those). The economy is super depressing - to the point where I cant even let myself think about it anymore. My only advice is to think about what skills you have and offer them up on craigslist or something. Read some books and learn some new computer programs. Volunteer. Do things that will keep your mind active and not constantly thinking about how you don't have a job.

I like the advice in this thread so far... I'm in the same boat, no job for a few months now. I've had like 6 or so interviews, too. This is just terrible. I'm completely overshadowed by tons of other people who have more experience than me. I'm really trying hard to get the job I want, but it looks like I'll end up being just another person with a college degree, with a job in an entirely different sector than what I graduated for. Gah!! And I was so confident too...

Hopefully I won't be without a job for two years tho, or else I'll go bankrupt and be unable to move out. I think I would die if that happened. My goal in life is to move out and begin my life (thereby getting some of my confidence back). If I can't do that, what's the point?

And I'm not good at any crafts or art... I wish I was, but I'm really not. :(

Latest posts

Back