Cell phones

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I've seen people with different types of cell phones... Mostly now a days, a smart phone... Am I the only one going backwards, & happy about it? I went from brick phone to a candy bar phone to flip phone to slide phone to a various smart phones & now back to slide phone... My monthly bill went from $129/month to $87/month to now wopping $27.93/month... My co-workers & friends make fun of me for going backwards in technology, at least as far as the cell phone goes...

So! What type of phone do you have & like it? Hate it? Indifferent?

I have never owned a cell phone. I am a very quiet person with no friends so what is the point. i am okay with that.

have a nice day everyone. :)

johnny196775 said:
I have never owned a cell phone. I am a very quiet person with no friends so what is the point. i am okay with that.

It's worth while just in case you might need it.

I bought a cheap one and for at least a year the only number I had on there was my brother. I buy £5 top ups and they last a couple of months at least. I have a few more people on there, around 8. People who I used to work with or people who I play golf with. There are loads of people at work who haven't asked for my number. And everybody seems to have everybody else's number.

I will never be somebody who is always on it. In fact I leave it at home most days. When I go travelling I take it with me.

I managed to get a discount on my bill after some errors by the provider, so I only pay about £6-7 per month for 1GB data, 200 mins, 3000 texts and 3000 minutes to the same cell provider.

It's on a one month rolling contract as I do not want to tie myself to a 24 or 36 month contract. I bought the smartphone when on offer for about £80-90 as I recall.

I can't find a better deal so I'm pretty happy with it!

Triple Bogey said:
johnny196775 said:

I bought a cheap one and for at least a year the only number I had on there was my brother. I buy £5 top ups and they last a couple of months at least. I have a few more people on there, around 8. People who I used to work with or people who I play golf with. There are loads of people at work who haven't asked for my number. And everybody seems to have everybody else's number.

I will never be somebody who is always on it. In fact I leave it at home most days. When I go travelling I take it with me.
Sometimes people are so bad off that they cant have or afford things other people take for granted.

I have a smartphone. I've had my current one for a few years now and before that I just had a non smartphone. I do not have a landline phone and with the kids, it's better for me to have a cell phone.

I can work on my phone if I have a smartphone, so that's a plus for having one. However, I don't pay for my cell phone, so I don't care how much the bill is (although, I will say mine is the cheapest one on the bill). I only have a smartphone because the person who pays it told me to get one. I was actually going to go on Ebay and get the same one I had.

I have a smartphone. I'm quite the technology addict and usually buy the best stuff available for my budget. I enjoy the idea of smartphones because it's not just the phone: I can watch stuff on it, listen to music, browse the internet, get e-mails... Considering I barely communicate with anyone via phone calls and texting, but I'm always online, smartphone quite fits me.

I've had the same LG for the past 3 or 4 years. Prepaid, $30 every two months. I lost it in the woods for 3 days, so now it doesnt accurately read the batteries charge anymore.

i dont like talking on the phone, so its keypad comes in handy.

johnny196775 said:
Triple Bogey said:
johnny196775 said:

Sometimes people are so bad off that they cant have or afford things other people take for granted.

my phone cost about £20

My personal phone is a pay as you go phone and rarely use it, Its mainly for people to contact me when they need to (a rare occasion)... in all honesty I want to get rid of it, its just another thing to carry around.

Work phones are different of course, they are annoying but are required xD

Because of my work reasons, I used to own a smart phones, few blackberries & 2 iPhones, but since the change, I don't need'em anymore... I used to go through around 15 gig of data a month & around 3,000 - 4,000 voice calls, majority of it was work related... Few thousand emails & document transfers would do that to ya... And I was little more involved with translation job so I did a lot of talking on the phone... Now I have an iPad so most of my data is done through that, wifi hook up only... Cell phone is pre-paid, $25/month plus taxes & fees comes out to $27.93/month... I'm really happy I've made the change... I don't do anything else with my phone like most other people with the smart phone do... I have iPod for music & I don't play games on my phone so I don't have any needs for the phone with those features...

I can't go back to not having Internet when I take a dump. I need my smartphone.

I have to admit, when it comes to technology I'm usually a step behind when it comes to upgrading. I don't have a blu-ray player (dvd and laserdisc suits me fine), I still listen to cd's, my current desktop is fairly old, but I do like my smartphone (Samsung Note).

I actually use the **** thing more as a gps unit, camera, watching movies on boring trips and for taking pictures at work, than I do for actually talking or texting. Just today, I had to take a picture of a LARGE blueprint and convert it to a .pdf file so it would fit in a regular file folder (the print was almost as large as my desk). And, it took me about two minutes thanks to one of the apps.

As versatile as they are, I can't see me without one. Mind you, I'm not one of those mindless drones you see with their faces glued to the screen the second they walk out of a store, bank, dentist's office, etc. That's where the I draw the line.

I have a smart phone. Can't tell you how many times it has helped when I had to google an actor's name in the middle of a conversation :D

I have an LG and I pay $30 a month for 500 minutes that carry over. I don't talk on the phone unless I need or want to, but I like to text so it works for me.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I pay £12 a month for 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. I could do without one, but I do a huge amount of walking alone out in the country and people are always bitching that they can't reach me. My mother worries I'll get hit by a car or fall and I'll have no way of contacting anyone, so I keep it around.

I have to admit that Google maps comes in handy when I haven't got a clue where the hell I am and it serves as an adequate camera on occasions when I can't be bothered to carry one.

Latest posts

Back