crush or loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmm377

Reaction score
Hi,
A few weeks ago I made a friend, we clicked really easily and we’ve talked everyday since. They are the first friend I’ve reallly made in months, I don’t have any other friends.
They make me feel really comfortable and I just feel like I can be myself around them.
The thing that’s confusing me is I’ve only ever had one other crush in my life, at least I have a hard identifying when I have a crush.

I’m not sure if what I’m feeling is just that I’ve just desired a close relationship for so long or so I actually like them.
I don’t know if anyone can help and it may be more that I need to get this off my chest.

hi and welcome, thanks for sharing. my first question is - you say they are a friend, and then mention "one other crush in my life", so are you saying that you already have a crush on this friend? Do you immediately get a crush on a person you befriend? Do you feel you can only have friends that you have a crush on? That you can't just have a friend that you don't crush on?

I think the trick is not to try to hard with any relationship. Let it develop as it will. We can get a little confused thinking that (using extremes here) are suddenly falling for someone who is just being friendly with us because we're so desperate to have a friend or intimate relationship. I think we just have to let it grow organically and not assume certain feelings straight away, apart from feeling comfortable around the person. Hope that helps. :)

I don't think there's any way to know right now if it's actually a crush or if it's just the loneliness and finding someone you connect with if you don't have a lot of experience in those things. It takes time to figure that out. Don't rush things, just enjoy what you have and see what happens. Try not to let your feelings overrule everything else. Just go with the flow and enjoy having someone. Whether it turns romantic or it stays platonic, it's a good thing.

hi and welcome, thanks for sharing. my first question is - you say they are a friend, and then mention "one other crush in my life", so are you saying that you already have a crush on this friend? Do you immediately get a crush on a person you befriend? Do you feel you can only have friends that you have a crush on? That you can't just have a friend that you don't crush on?

I think the trick is not to try to hard with any relationship. Let it develop as it will. We can get a little confused thinking that (using extremes here) are suddenly falling for someone who is just being friendly with us because we're so desperate to have a friend or intimate relationship. I think we just have to let it grow organically and not assume certain feelings straight away, apart from feeling comfortable around the person. Hope that helps. :)
thank you,
I don’t know if I have a crush on them or not, I mention having one other crush in my life since it’s something that happens so rarely. I used to think I got a crush on everyone I met before I figured out my sexuality so this is very new to me.

Hi,
A few weeks ago I made a friend, we clicked really easily and we’ve talked everyday since. They are the first friend I’ve reallly made in months, I don’t have any other friends.
They make me feel really comfortable and I just feel like I can be myself around them.
The thing that’s confusing me is I’ve only ever had one other crush in my life, at least I have a hard identifying when I have a crush.

I’m not sure if what I’m feeling is just that I’ve just desired a close relationship for so long or so I actually like them.
I don’t know if anyone can help and it may be more that I need to get this off my chest.
They definitely like me and I think I’m okay with it, I just don’t want to hurt their feelings if I don’t feel the exact same way, so I’m just taking it slow and doing what feels right so thank you

Last edited:
I feel the need to add that I think this person likes me, they say that like talking to me and seeing me, whenever I see them we’re always shoulder to shoulder, when I saw them yesterday they said it was nice that their blanket smelled like me, and they had messaged me late last night that they couldn’t sleep and was thinking about me.
And thank you for the replies, I had been returning these, I just don’t want to reciprocate if I’m not actually feeling that way.

Hi,

I feel the need to add that I think this person likes me, they say that like talking to me and seeing me, whenever I see them we’re always shoulder to shoulder, when I saw them yesterday they said it was nice that their blanket smelled like me, and they had messaged me late last night that they couldn’t sleep and was thinking about me.
And thank you for the replies, I had been returning these, I just don’t want to reciprocate if I’m not actually feeling

They definitely like me and I think I’m okay with it, I just don’t want to hurt their feelings if I don’t feel the exact same way, so I’m just taking it slow and doing what feels right so thank you
for some reason I feel the need to update, so they do like me and I like it. I told them that I’m still figuring out my feelings and I’m new to this, they said they’d go my pace and I told them I would let them know how I feel. I’m excited so it’s ok, thank you again

Latest posts

Back