Cussing in school can now get you fined $103

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats actually kinda uh.... not very good. Freedom of speech

Why parent's money?

Yeah in all honesty, I don't see it lasting. I can see someone suing the school before it's all said and done.

Sonic_95 said:
One way to stop kids from swearing :D

Bet more than one of us could have racked up 2 grand in fines easily in a few hours when we were in high school if this rule had taken effect :D

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/weird/Price-of-a-Potty-Mouth-103-Windsor-83628162.html

i could wrack up two grand in fines in ONE SENTENCE! :p

Sanal said:

Why parent's money?

freedom of speech applies in the public square. a street corner, your own front yard, on the sidewalk somewhere.

it doesn't apply everywhere and anywhere without regard. for instance, YOU MAY NOT yell fire in a crowded threater!

a school is a place of learning, with rules, regulations, guidelines.

if we teach these kids that they should be able to say whatever they want, whenever they want...

then what when they get a job? are they going to argue freedom of speech if their boss doesn't like the way they are acting or what they are saying. simply put, there are boundaries in this world. the sooner we teach our kids that, the BETTER off they will be in life!

:)

A school, as an institute of public learning and government support, is indeed considered legally to be a public forum. I believe that someone is going to challenge this little rule as it is indeed possibly unconstitutional in the U.S.

However, cussing could be considered fighting words or distracting to the "learning environment," which I think will probably be the arguement we see from those supporting the fines. It would be interesting to see how such a legal suit would turn out.

----Steve

Just_Some_Dude said:
Sanal said:

Why parent's money?

freedom of speech applies in the public square. a street corner, your own front yard, on the sidewalk somewhere.

it doesn't apply everywhere and anywhere without regard. for instance, YOU MAY NOT yell fire in a crowded threater!

if we teach these kids that they should be able to say whatever they want, whenever they want...

then what when they get a job? are they going to argue freedom of speech if their boss doesn't like the way they are acting or what they are saying. simply put, there are boundaries in this world. the sooner we teach our kids that, the BETTER off they will be in life!

Hail Hitler

Parents can't control what comes out of their kid's mouths. How stupid. That's it...punish the PARENT....make the child take no responsibility at all. Teach them that when they do something wrong, their parents have to pay for it. :p Who comes up with such messed up honeysuckle?? I think THEY should be the ones being fined. :club:

Sanal said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
Sanal said:

Why parent's money?

Hail Hitler

Hail Reality! :club:

ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS!!! :O

man i would have been soo ******* broke by graduation, hah we all swore in high school even some of the teachers too

the fines don't apply to the thread right?

evanescence,

i am billing your credit card right now! :cool:

*hurrying back to remove all cusswords from my previous posts*

hah sucks to be you i don't have any credit cards
muhahaha :p

f*ck b*tch hah!

$103 is a strangely arbitrary amount. where did they even get that? that's a little steep regardless. i say bring back corporal punishment. whips and chains!!!! :club:

that's so retarded...people will just make new words that refers to what the hell they're talking about.

hahahaaa.... **** goverment be making up honeysuckle and find more ways to steal your hard earned molaaaa.
32% right off the bat for Federal...8% just for sales tax. In certain states 10% more for state Tax...
Then you gatta pay for medical insurance ( Bitches in Gov own these institutions too Btw) Auto insurnace..home insurnace
That's more than half of your fucken money...Then there's sin tax...WTF????

Just they were trying in enforce uniform for all the kids in CA...come the find out bitches in the Govment be owning factorys and honeysuckle...man.

School is also a place to learn how to tell people to STFU :p
Evidently they don't teach about US government or the US's constitutions in those fucken retarded schools...Freedom of speech bitches..freedom of speech.

and why is it $103 ??? ThAT's such an odd number

Lonesome Crow said:
that's so retarded...people will just make new words that refers to what the hell they're talking about.

hahahaaa.... **** goverment be making up honeysuckle and find more ways to steal your hard earned molaaaa...

i once got suspended from school for saying this to my teacher:

"Fork Off Motherforker, Go Fork Yourself"

they said it was "what I implied!"

can you believe that crap?

Just_Some_Dude said:
Lonesome Crow said:

hahahaaa.... **** goverment be making up honeysuckle and find more ways to steal your hard earned molaaaa...

i once got suspended from school for saying this to my teacher:

"Fork Off Motherforker, Go Fork Yourself"

they said it was "what I implied!"

can you believe that crap?

yeah ...I belive it.

I wonder why they never suspended me for trying to look up my Algebra teacher's dress..I never missed her class probably...

I got set to detention becuase I told my gym teacher..."your on crack"...well he was.

Latest posts

Back