Did I do the right thing :'(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrish

Reaction score
I just left my girlfriend of a year, I'm so lost, we were in a long distance relationshiP, about 5000 miles, we had our problems but I loved her, this last week I was planning on visiting her for the first time, I was actually picking seats for the flight when we had this conversation, I ended up telling her that I loved her and I just wanted her to be happy, and I don't know how she can be happy with me, I'm trying to get to her with my dad saying he will kick me out if I go (he is unimployed and going would mean spending more money than he gets in a year when he struggles to pay the bills at the end of the week and he is really bitter about it, if tried talking him around but he'd stubborn and it could take s while, my girl was getting so depressed thinking I wasn't trying to book the flight she was breaking down and crying herself to sleep every night, I didn't know what else to do, I told her that I loved her and I just wanted her to be happy, and I need to work on being independent before I came, we have broke up and I'm just hoping that she is single still by the time that happens, I know that she is hurting so bad :(, and it tears me apart, I don't know if Iv done the right thing but I can't ask her to wait for me it would be unfair :'( god I miss he so bad

Do, or don't do. Then live with the consequences.

Dithering around and beating your breast just hurts other people and eventually pisses everyone off.

Well... if you do go, you'll be independent anyway. Suddenly independent, but independent nonetheless. If your dad reacts in such a way, that's his own issue. Sure, it would be nice if you helped him with the bills (especially if you're currently living with him), but it's really not up to him what you do with your finances (if it's not taking from his).

Though I must say, if one doesn't understand where your father is coming from in the tiniest, smallest, amount, then struggling is probably something they've never had to do.

Latest posts

Back