disgusted with the person i used to be

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ LC, thanks for the words. i see you understand. life's a *****. a ***** that i'ma pimp slap like ike would tina.

@ Rdor, no offense taken at all. i intentionally post 'vague' topics to get people's creative/interpretive opinions! and i agree with you, it can be a form of overcompensation

My problem was that I fell for all the wrong guys. I'm tired of it. >.<
I was very naive and fell for all their lies, thought they'd be with me forever.
Now I'm angry in ways and sometimes I'm a bit hard sometimes.
Cause it sucks putting your faith into someone, then boom it all blows up in your face.
And your left thinking, "What just happened!!!"

WallflowerGirl83 said:
My problem was that I fell for all the wrong guys. I'm tired of it. >.<
I was very naive and fell for all their lies, thought they'd be with me forever.
Now I'm angry in ways and sometimes I'm a bit hard sometimes.
Cause it sucks putting your faith into someone, then boom it all blows up in your face.
And your left thinking, "What just happened!!!"

I cringe pretty much every time I hear of something like that. Which is, to say, on a daily basis.

One would think that being able to read about other people's mistakes would let one learn and avoid them.. but no.

I liked the character of the first person you described. The unassuming, naive, kind person.
"If wealth is lost, nothing is lost. If health is lost, something is lost. But, if character is lost, everything is lost."
I think you traded in the idealistic character for a protective shell and I don't blame you one bit.
If you were a victim of cruelty, it doesn't reflect badly on you. That's victim blaming.

I was a socially inept idiot when I was younger, but I try not to think about it.
The things I would change are those I can't; my appearance - after all I look freakishly ugly, my father - he's a ped (as if anyone wanted to know that)

Better to remain somewhat naive than overreact and become a victim of pride. That's potentially pushing away sincere people, even if they're in the minority.

Latest posts

Back