Do some people revel in the "martyrdom" of loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjessea said:
lonelydoc said:
I freely admit that I detest people. Part of it is the fact that there are so many around, and the fact that I have to deal with some of the worst of them.

You must be an E.D. doc

I'm a doctor but not an ED doc. I've done my time in the ED and can't be dragged back.

This "lonely martyr" idea is interesting. I've feared lately that this kind of concept may apply to me, so I've been trying to become a little more "chill" without compromising my values.

Everybody's different...

lonelydoc said:
jjessea said:
lonelydoc said:
I freely admit that I detest people. Part of it is the fact that there are so many around, and the fact that I have to deal with some of the worst of them.

You must be an E.D. doc

I'm a doctor but not an ED doc. I've done my time in the ED and can't be dragged back.

I don't blame you. ED docs probably see the worst. The screaming people so out of their mind with pain, drug addicts, homeless, abuse victims so badly abused they need critical care, people who have attempted suicide, those deathly still and on the brink of death, impatient people in pain, people with weird things stuck up their butts ect. Every day is probably a frantic and disorienting experience.

Don't go back. Save your sanity. :)

I think I may have almost been one back in Colorado when I was living on my own for the first time.

My situation may have been slightly unusual due to my disability (deafness). I had a bit of a superiority complex regarding the education of the deaf. I still struggles with it somewhat but don't let it pop up anymore. Anyway, basically I kind of enjoyed staying away from the deaf community in Colorado and (just now) realized that I still talks badly about the community there. Like some other people here, I am afraid that I may have the making of one if I didn't have my lovely wife and a few close friends.

For a while, I literally planned to just sell off everything and just bike away across the country looking for jobs. If I can't get the jobs during the biking, I would blame the deaf community whenever anybody ask. I pretty much blamed the deaf community due to the lack of jobs (a couple deaf people there tried to sue a few businesses and that made everyone afraid to actually hire us).

Due to the recent realization that I'm still blaming the community, I have to reanalyze my feeling about the situation there.

Not sure how well this fit with the martyrdom but it does feel the same. Just hope that my explanation is clear.

This song is based on this idea. Listen to the chorus specifically. Unfortunately the video with the lyrics built in won't display on here.

[youtube]67BnviTCBlc[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back