Do you believe in god?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wookz

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if I can post this here, but I was just wondering if you believe in god or not. Me myself, I don't believe in god, although I went to a Catholic school. I have several reasons why I don’t believe in god:
1) I can’t just believe that there is a god, in my opinion a god was invented a long time ago, from the church the gain money and power. If we think about that the Church sold papers to the people to be sure that they would go to heaven. I see the god like what parents make there children believe that Santa is real, but in this case are the Children the religious people and the parents the church.
2) I believe that the earth was created during the big bang, I also believe that all the planets will come together to one central point, and explode again. Which will destroy the existing planets and make new ones, with hopefully new living creatures. I also believe that there are other creatures living on other planets, but with not much brain capacity, like for example animals, but modified to live under the condition that are on the planet.
3) If there would be a heaven, then we could go and see it in space. Nor god, nor heaven is viewable with the best telescopes we have.
4) I think that most of the people believe in a religion, because they are manipulated by their environment. If we look at the eastern world, where the conservative muslins life, almost everyone believes in Allah! I also think that people can’t believe that your life stops when you die, and that they want to fix this emptiness with a religion. Consider the following: it can be scientifically shown that our body is built functional. For example when you breath in oxygen, the brain will work optimal. If we die, and our whole body will stop working, the cognitive part will stop too, so there is no such a thing as a soul, and we won’t go to heaven or hell.
5) Groups like the witnesses of Jehovah go to your door, to make you join their religion. Because the world will die, and the Jehovah’s will live in the new world. But if you want to join you have to give the organization a lot of money! Remember atheism is a non-profit organization!

Dangerous subject, these type of discussions are not normally allowed.

I had a legitimate response ready. I'm new to the forum though, so I guess I'll follow lead.

Why are these discussions not normally allowed?

The Replicated Man said:
I had a legitimate response ready. I'm new to the forum though, so I guess I'll follow lead.

Why are these discussions not normally allowed?

Because they always end badly.
If you removed spammers from the equation, the most often closed threads are usually women-bashing threads, followed by threads about religion, faith, etc.
Go search through the closed discussion threads. Some will have obvious titles and some won't. Good luck though - there are LOTS of closed spam threads.

Spammers can be fun, though. And one spam thread is still going, although it has strayed from the original topic.

It's not so much religious discussion as religious debate, which these kinds of discussions threads usually turn into. Yeah very touchy subject. To answer your question, I just don't know what I believe anymore.

As long as there are people arguing over what God is real, or isn't real, there will never be peace. Just accept that, what is real - for YOU - is what is real for you, and let religious freedom and liberty from religion be part of society.

A "religious debate" won't we so bad if everyone respects others opinions.

&i don't believe in God anymore or anything in fact. I'm actually very pessimistic and I know it's not a great thing for anyone to be like that.

Well, for the record, I believe in this idea of "Luck" being something tangible to certain individuals and something that we can influence in very small instances that we may or may not be aware of.

Basically, I believe in the Force and that some of us are like really, really, really weak Jedi. Like less than a thousandth of the strength of what we saw in the movies.

I'm not even joking, this is what I believe.

The Replicated Man said:
Well, for the record, I believe in this idea of "Luck" being something tangible to certain individuals and something that we can influence in very small instances that we may or may not be aware of.

Basically, I believe in the Force and that some of us are like really, really, really weak Jedi. Like less than a thousandth of the strength of what we saw in the movies.

I'm not even joking, this is what I believe.

As valid an unfounded belief as any other.

everyone has their own beliefs, me personally, i think with whats going on in the world today, their has been no devine intervention ever, i believe that we live in hell and when we die it will be heaven, no more worring about bills, getting hurt etc,etc

Latest posts

Back