Do you guys know nice games to recommend ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
My computer graphics is very low. It is Intel HD graphics 2000 desktop. I really do not understand that I played dead space 2 and dead space 3 with no lag at at all, But mostly new games lag on my computer but dead space 3 and Deadpool did not. Any new 2013 or 2014 games that you've played and worked smoothly on your computer ?

There are very few recent games that are going to run well on a computer with a low-end integrated graphics chip - even if you reduce the setting to low quality. I've got an Intel HD 2000 in my old Sony Vaio laptop and it can barely manage games from 5+ years ago.

I don't suppose you have any interest in indie games? A lot of those are low on technology, but high in entertainment value.

Cavey said:
There are very few recent games that are going to run well on a computer with a low-end integrated graphics chip - even if you reduce the setting to low quality. I've got an Intel HD 2000 in my old Sony Vaio laptop and it can barely manage games from 5+ years ago.

I don't suppose you have any interest in indie games? A lot of those are low on technology, but high in entertainment value.
:) Yes indeed

Bebeskii said:
My computer graphics is very low. It is Intel HD graphics 2000 desktop. I really do not understand that I played dead space 2 and dead space 3 with no lag at at all, But mostly new games lag on my computer but dead space 3 and Deadpool did not. Any new 2013 or 2014 games that you've played and worked smoothly on your computer ?
Sorry this is a bit late, anyway that's actually a pretty decent (at least compared to my pc) graphics card. Your processor and/or ram might also affect performance though. If you want to see if your computer can run a game before you buy it and install it you should try this website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

If you click My Computer details it'll tell you everything you need to know about your computer.
Then just click Can You RUN it? And type in the name of any game. It'll show if you pass or fail the minimum and recommended requirements of the game. If you scroll down it shows all the details, such as the minimum CPU and graphics card compared to yours and whether yours is better or worse. Also a tab for recommended settings. Its free and you don't have to make a profile or anything by the way. And of course if you're having trouble running a game make sure to reduce all the graphics settings until you get a decent frame rate.

Anyway, some low spec games I'd recommend: (free games) Team Fortress 2, just about any free to play MMO, Hearthstone, League of Legends, Spiral Knights, realm of the mad god, Path of Exile (if you're into Diablo type games), and flash games on sites such as newgrounds, kongregate, armor games, etc. Also you can go on Steam and look through the free to play games and check the minimum requirements for anything you're interested in.

Some low spec games you'd have to buy to play: Minecraft, Killing Floor, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Magicka, Half-life (series), Torchlight 2 (if you're into Diablo type games), and The Binding of Issac.

Those should all run pretty well on your system, but if you wanna play a newer and/or more demanding game and you're not sure if you can run it, just check the website I mentioned and you should get a pretty solid answer.

Wow, never thought I'd see 'Minecraft' and 'low spec' in the same sentence. ^^

Anyways, as for my two cents... it'd help if I knew what kind of genres you were looking for; shooters, strategy games, etc., but I'm gonna go ahead and assume shooters and action titles are your thing since you play Dead Space, so...

* Unreal Tournament 2004 (A very solid classic, with incredible replayability stemming from its insanely good modding community. UT2004 has everything from arena deathmatches to full-blown platoon-sized army battles to--and I kid you not--fighter craft in space that you get to have dogfights with, with one particular mission involving an assault on a Mothership-sized vessel. UT2004 is basically the gold standard for shooter games these days, so pick it up.)

Confirming Torchlight 2 as a game that even a moderately powerful netbook can run on low settings. Wouldn't recommend League of Legends since any lag at all is going to make playing against real players unpleasant.

DeadSun said:
Bebeskii said:
Sorry this is a bit late, anyway that's actually a pretty decent (at least compared to my pc) graphics card. Your processor and/or ram might also affect performance though. If you want to see if your computer can run a game before you buy it and install it you should try this website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

If you click My Computer details it'll tell you everything you need to know about your computer.
Then just click Can You RUN it? And type in the name of any game. It'll show if you pass or fail the minimum and recommended requirements of the game. If you scroll down it shows all the details, such as the minimum CPU and graphics card compared to yours and whether yours is better or worse. Also a tab for recommended settings. Its free and you don't have to make a profile or anything by the way. And of course if you're having trouble running a game make sure to reduce all the graphics settings until you get a decent frame rate.

Anyway, some low spec games I'd recommend: (free games) Team Fortress 2, just about any free to play MMO, Hearthstone, League of Legends, Spiral Knights, realm of the mad god, Path of Exile (if you're into Diablo type games), and flash games on sites such as newgrounds, kongregate, armor games, etc. Also you can go on Steam and look through the free to play games and check the minimum requirements for anything you're interested in.

Some low spec games you'd have to buy to play: Minecraft, Killing Floor, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Magicka, Half-life (series), Torchlight 2 (if you're into Diablo type games), and The Binding of Issac.

Those should all run pretty well on your system, but if you wanna play a newer and/or more demanding game and you're not sure if you can run it, just check the website I mentioned and you should get a pretty solid answer.

Thank you ver much for the information and the site you recommended. I'm into all types of games. :D

Tealeaf said:
Confirming Torchlight 2 as a game that even a moderately powerful netbook can run on low settings. Wouldn't recommend League of Legends since any lag at all is going to make playing against real players unpleasant.

okay :)

Half life, team fortress, LoL, portal. Some nice games I think you could run on your rig.

Bebeskii said:
sounds fun !
here
lord of the rings
resident evil
call of duty latest one
need for speed 2012 ( set all settings in low)
borderlands (lan is aweaome)

Latest posts

Back