Do you have a hobby or collect anything?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
I did have a hobby of making herbal soap until it became illeagal to buy lye out of the store. (due to meth) I do like to collect ancient coins. They run around 5 dollars or so for the ones you can clean yourself. It's a great way to pass the time and they make great gifts too! Especially when you let the reciever know that the hand made coin is anywhere from 1000 to 2000 yrs old. :)

Naleena said:
I did have a hobby of making herbal soap until it became illeagal to buy lye out of the store. (due to meth) I do like to collect ancient coins. They run around 5 dollars or so for the ones you can clean yourself. It's a great way to pass the time and they make great gifts too! Especially when you let the reciever know that the hand made coin is anywhere from 1000 to 2000 yrs old. :)

Hey that soap was some GOOD honeysuckle!!!! I LOVED that soap!!!!!!

250px-Egon_GB1.jpg

"I collect molds, spores and fungus."

I collect cat stuff. It's an obsession. Along with my 4 cats I have, I have a lot of cat related stuff. I have a cat calendar, two framed cat paintings, a japanese cat painting, and countless cat plush dolls.

I also like candles a lot. I have a good bit of scented candles for ritual purposes, which are mostly black because I can make them represent any color I want besides white, which I have white candles too to make up for that :p.

I also love jewelry... Though I don't have a lot of it. I have a thing for silver. I have two silver rings that I wear normally (one with a pentagram on it and one with a dragon on it), a silver Triquerita with an Amethyst in it (if you didn't figure out by now my favorite color is purple), a silver chain for said Triquerita, and when I get my ears pierced I am going to get some basic silver loops. I also have a pewter pentagram, but it kinda looks like silver I guess :p. I wear all of these things regularly.

I also love Celtic stuff. I have a purple and black Celtic sheet with various gods and goddesses on it and some Celtic symbols on it. I have various Celtic books mostly though.

I also love Norse mythology. I collect books about the Norsemen, it fascinates me.

Last but not least I collect video games. I've been a gamer my whole life, my favorite system is the Super Nintendo.

JustLost said:
"I collect molds, spores and fungus."

Well, JustLost, I think I have some fungus right here between my toes if ya want it. See? **puts foot in JL's face** C'mon, you know you want it! **giggles** Just kidding. No fungus here, just some lavender oil lotion and a home pedicure :) Ya wanna smell? C'mon, smell it..smell it! Smell my feet! :p hee hee

I don't collect much because I don't want to spend the money on something that might get stolen if I ever get robbed.

I used to collect hockey cards and comic books when I was young. I have some good condition rookie cards and first issue comic books that I still keep around. Besides that though, nothing else really.

I collect shells and weird rocks i find I had quite a collection then lost them, or someone stole them, never have solved that little mystery, but my collection is recovering now lol

since this one is back from the dead, ill contribute as well.

i build model cars. currently building a '66 chevy chevelle wagon. gonna be sleeper ratrod pro touring surf car when its done. real low, flat black, big wheels, etc. im excited to be back in the hobby, and the creative outlet is doing wonders for my depression.

I am a professional magician. So my main hobby is magic tricks. I also collect gold and silver coins... (I'll admit some of those silver coins are a part of my show.)

i used to collect books so i have a few books. Non fiction and fiction. And i like to collect movies.

Not sure if you can call it a hobby but I like playing poker... I don't play it as much as I'd like to because I'm really not all that good at it, ok to get by once in a while... May be its a good thing... I used to collect comic books, x-men series mainly but sorta fizzled out after a while...

Blossomforth said:
i build model cars. currently building a '66 chevy chevelle wagon. gonna be sleeper ratrod pro touring surf car when its done. real low, flat black, big wheels, etc. im excited to be back in the hobby, and the creative outlet is doing wonders for my depression.

That's really cool. I've been meaning to start building a model airplane sometime, a Nieuport 17 bi-plane fighter from World War 1. I've never built a model on my own before, so I hope I don't mess it up. The pictures on the box are beautiful, and I've looked at the parts and they're very true to life. It's even got stickers of historical markings from 2 different ace pilots. I also like cars from the era yours is from too, so I may build one some day.

I also collect die-cast cars, aircraft, and action figures/ships.

Blossomforth said:
do it! ts fun, and as long as your'e patient, then you wont mess it up.

Hey, I was just thinking you should post pics of your car when it's all set up. I know I'll be posting lots of my plane when it's all built. I even want to get a little seated pilot for it :)

PS - Unfortunately, in the scale I need it seems I can only find a seated German or British pilot, and I have a French plane. Thinking I'll go with a Brit and paint him in French attire.

Though I think this goes more in the direction of hoarding than collecting, I tried to keep every single 1, 2 and 5-cent piece I could get my hands on for the past 8 years maybe.

I have counted them some years ago, but I have no idea how many there are now...

25hka5d.jpg

Rodent said:
Though I think this goes more in the direction of hoarding than collecting, I tried to keep every single 1, 2 and 5-cent piece I could get my hands on for the past 8 years maybe.

I have counted them some years ago, but I have no idea how many there are now...

25hka5d.jpg

I used to do that... Every time I go to bed, I'd empty out my pocket & put any change into a jar... I've done that for close to 20 years... When my bank finally came out with a coin counting machine, I took them to it & made a deposit... It came out to close to $4,000 dollars... It's not all that much considering I've been doing it for 20 years but still helped me a lot...

Latest posts

Back