Do you have a religion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skorian said:
I am agnostic. If GOD is real his message is half truths and half lies. Satans tells the truth but uses lies to manipulate people for his own games and evil. The both of them are liars. They are both just different kinds of evil.
oh dear

Hijacc said:
What this guy says is good not saying hes right but hes good at explaining god is exists.

Really interesting

This guy is full of it and makes me want to punch my computer screen not for what he says here but for what he says in some of his other videos like this one:

Proof evolution is an evil lie from satan (the devil)

I can't even begin to show what utter nonsense this guy is speaking let alone how much of a bias opinion he's shoving in your face and his proof is ridiculous, I mean come on those giant pictures were proven to have originated in 2000 as photoshop contest entries.. It's alright for him to have those opinions but to aggressively push them on others in such a bias fashion it makes me a sad panda.

Not even to mention the stuff he says in this video, his logic is flawed and doesn't follow one point from the next heres a video that critiqued him in the kindest way possible:

Response to VenomFangX "Proving the Existence of God"

If you want solid proof of the possibility of there being a God, I'd recommend Thomas Aquinas, he lived in the medieval ages and that came up with some of the best reasons that are philosophical in nature and truly worth thinking about:

Five Reasons to Believe that God Exists- St. Thomas Aquinas

Hijacc said:
What this guy says is good not saying hes right but hes good at explaining god is exists.

Really interesting

Dont get it, in that same exact argument dosnt he just prove that god cant exist too?
If god was just always there, isnt it equally as possible that time and matter was just always there too?

sloth4urluv said:
Dont get it, in that same exact argument dosnt he just prove that god cant exist too?
If god was just always there, isnt it equally as possible that time and matter was just always there too?

Yep that's true, that's one of the biggest flaws in explaining God created things, even most of Aquinas' arguments have this problem, if God was the first cause then what caused God then what cause that etc. etc.. And if you argue that God always was, then you could just as easily say matter and time always were..

But I think Aquinas' 3rd reason is the best of his..

Proudly atheist.
My real view on religion is way too controversial :/

I believe my own thing. I do believe in God and some of what most Christians follow, but there are some things that I believe that they wouldn't. I guess you could just call me "spiritual".

Bella said:
Proudly atheist.
My real view on religion is way too controversial :/

I saw what you were saying in the other thread. I think maybe atheists are more in the public eye than many people realize. Over the last few years for example there has been a pretty big push to get any mention of God taken out of anything related to the government whether it be on US currency, public buildings (which would destroy much of the historical artwork which would have to be removed) and The Pledge Of Allegiance and even documents like the Declaration Of Independence.

If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.
-- Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973)

I entirely agree with this quote - I myself am an agnostic, but I don't mind people being religious as far as they are not overzealous in this matter.

As I mentioned in another post, I was brought up as a Christian and I went to a Christian school.

But for the past couple of years I've become an agnostic, as I lost my faith in God when I got depressed with my life and isolated myself. Also these days I question about God and religion as the whole evolution debate has become very convincing to me.

NeverMore said:
sloth4urluv said:

Yep that's true, that's one of the biggest flaws in explaining God created things, even most of Aquinas' arguments have this problem, if God was the first cause then what caused God then what cause that etc. etc.. And if you argue that God always was, then you could just as easily say matter and time always were..

But I think Aquinas' 3rd reason is the best of his..

Science teaches that there must have always been something before the big bang somewhere all that energy came from so eternity is a real thing but who can know where it all came from

633763766100652315-ChristianityMygodhasahammeryourgodwasnailedtoacrossAnyquestions.jpg

I'm a Christian who attends an Assembly of God church locally where I live. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back