Do you like silence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

Do you like silence, and if so, what is it in particular you like about it?

Curious about your answers!

i like absolute silence, which is impossible to get. mixed with absolute darkness, it basically helps me think about NOTHING, and just ignore all the feelings and things i'm going through in my life. almost as if it teleported me to another dimension

I'd prefer silence, I like the sound of my brain functioning - or is that just me?? :)

Oh I like it..too much noise is irritating. A little bit of background noise is fine though. I prefer to sleep with a low constant sound for instance.

Silence gives me the chance to listen to all the voices in my head. Plus there is something empowering about being the only thing to make noise inside an otherwise silent environment.

Yes if I'm reading, otherwise I can't concentrate.

Generally no. I'm one of those people who needs the tv on in the background. If I have to much time quiet I start thinking about things too much and it normally ends in tears...literally.

Yes i like silence, for instance when hiking if I have someone else with me I need them to be quiet, so we can hear the birds and so we don't scare the wildlife away. I also like silence when I am trying to concentrate on something.

Otherwise, when I am at home on the computer like right now, I am listening to music and loudly.

Yes I love silence! So useful for meditation.

Unfortunately living in a huge city I don't get enough of that :(

I hate it! It drives me crazy..

Well, actually depends what you mean "silence"..
If silence means, free of noises like people talking and cars and such things, then yes, I much prefer it. But I need sounds like birds chirping outside and wind in the trees, or music playing softly, or something of that nature, because real silence makes me very nervous.

I need silence.Audible silence, to be precise. That's why I live off road and a bit wild. Imposing noises like tv's or fighting neighbours turn me into something dangerously aggressive.

I like silence. It's a rare occurrence in my life. So when it happens, it is actually shocking and surreal.

There is a place near here out by the lakes/woodland area, I've been there lots of times and it's a very peaceful place. I went there 1-2 years ago and it was a really misty day - had to drive slowly. When I got there I parked the car, switched the engine off and got out, and I was shocked. It was dead silent. I had never not heard anything like it. I've experienced silence before but this was something else. Something about the mist made it bizarrely quiet.

419927_10150670929976495_420749413_n.jpg

It depends. If I am in the right place, like a nice park, silence can be nice. But if I am in say, a small dark room, I may not like it. With no sounds, appearance becomes an even bigger deal then usual.

Latest posts

Back