Does anyone else feel like they don't fit in anywhere?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinemisa

Reaction score
Now that I'm older, I'm past the high school drama and the trying to be something that I'm not just to fit in. However, I feel like I just don't fit in anywhere.

Everybody fits in somewhere. Some are lucky and either fall into where they are home, or find their way early. Many, and I would argue most, take time to find themselves and their path through life. Just because you don't fit in where you are now doesn't mean your time won't come.

I've never fit in. Both me and my cousin were always the black sheeps of the family simply because we listened to rock and metal and such. I wouldn't trade in never fitting in though. It's made me who I am.

Like Nilla, I was always the black sheep of my family... for more reasons than one...but instead of rock and metal (those were okay), I listened to rap and opera.
I used to fit in with other people, ranging from preppy people to the druggies.
Now, I don't seem to fit anywhere. Although, I don't really try anymore, so that's probably why. My personality is hard to tolerate for most.

When I was at school I was always fighting, when my education was over most social groups did their best to avoid me, but the criminal world welcomed me with open arms.

I've changed my life since then and don't do bad things anymore, but they are still the only place that I fit into.

I'm just hoping that one day I'll find a woman who has a place for me to fit into, in between her arms. Besides that I don't really care if I fit in anywhere else.

There is a common expression that tends to fit me rather well. "I'm too weird for the normal kids and too normal for the weird kids."

I don't fit in to groups and I don't feel as if I fit in with my family. But I've learned that fitting in is not a requirement for love or friendship, so long as I don't let it negatively affect my self-worth.

I don't fit in very much either.I have friends.I'm not shy except sometimes when I'm sarrounded by huge crowds of teenagers cause these make me uncomfortable.I'm fine.I think I'm attractive.But I'm just weird like that.Sometimes the way I move,talk or laugh is extremely weird to people who don't know me.People often don't understand my words.A girl a couple of days ago freaked out over my laugh and she told me why are you doing this?She found my facial expression disturbing haha :D Seriously,I was just laughing over something that was extremely ioronic and sad,but sometimes when I think about it the world is just too cruel at some points I can't help but laugh at it's injustice,I've had way too much to cry about before.And 4 days ago,a guy told me that he always feel like I'm a mystery and that he can't tell ever what I'm thinking.I get told that often...oh well ..I think I inherited my weirdness from my father.I like that I'm not cool though,I like the way that I am.I don't care to fit in.

vfa6x said:
Everybody fits in somewhere. Some are lucky and either fall into where they are home, or find their way early. Many, and I would argue most, take time to find themselves and their path through life. Just because you don't fit in where you are now doesn't mean your time won't come.

That is nicest thing that I have heard today. Thank you!!

Ak5 said:
Not right now. But I hope I will when I go back to school.

You will, and if you don't right away, just remember stay true to youself.

Callie said:
Like Nilla, I was always the black sheep of my family... for more reasons than one...but instead of rock and metal (those were okay), I listened to rap and opera.
I used to fit in with other people, ranging from preppy people to the druggies.
Now, I don't seem to fit anywhere. Although, I don't really try anymore, so that's probably why. My personality is hard to tolerate for most.

I can relate to being the black sheep of the family. Growing up and up til high school I was the "goody goody" and the traditional one. Beyond that time, I was still a little "goody goody" but with a twist. I would be traditional but with my twist and that didn't sit well with alot of people. (because what would so and so say) I don't care in regards to what people say or think because I won't be ruled by what "everyone" thinks or does. Hence it's hard to fit in anywhere.

My point is why should you have to try? (to fit in) I find that more and more people are losing compassion for others and I find that very sad. I find that when I'm compassionate, open and understanding, I'm met with cynical and negative responds (with people I'm trying to re-connect with) With new people that I meet, the response is more like "who is this weriodo?"

Lonely in BC said:
I long ago came to the realization that the world has to fit itself to me :p

It's a long and lonely road sometimes.....

Thank you everyone for your input. I guess for me it's harder because my husband has many friends and can quickly make friends. The problem is that he will complain about them and when I say "then why are you friends with this person?" he responds with "you don't know because you don't have alot friends to deal with" Which is harsh but true but, then why call someone a friend and then complain about them or be nice to their face but talk behind their back? I hate this behaviour and told my hubby that I would rather have no friends then what you have.

Definitely the "Chat". Of course going into the chat for the soul purpose of letting another member have it doesn't make a guy too popular.:p

I don't fit it either. I always feel like I say the wrong things and look weird to others, etc. It's great to vent that here though! Thanks!

sunshinemisa said:
LoneKiller said:
Definitely the "Chat". Of course going into the chat for the soul purpose of letting another member have it doesn't make a guy too popular.:p

???
Welcome to the forums sunshinemisa.:)
I just let my anger get the best of me with another member in the chat a while back. Nothing special.

Latest posts

Back