Does anyone feeling very sad about South Korea ferry accident?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
Seriously I've just cried so hard and I'm deeply grieving. I was praying to God " Please let the passengers be alive " for the last two days. I've just seen news with a title " No survivors, all the missing people are very unlikely to be alive " and on other channel " High school students are buried to death alive in sea ". I did not even want to think that they were dead. When I told my classmates about the deadly accident emotionally, no one seemed to care about that much. They took that just like a normal news. If I could rescue anyone, I'm seriously ready to go to South Korea right now. Do you know how sad is that. Mostly teenagers of my age were locked into rooms and was waiting for rescuers until their heart beats stop. Even after the ship sank, some students sent text messages to their parents. Now nobody is sending a message. I freaking hate the captain for ordering students to stay in the rooms and not evacuate. What was the point in locking the doors !. Oh, My heart breaks and shatters into thousand pieces. There is very strong emotional pain in my chest. Just very sad. Too many young lives are lost.
I know none of the passengers. I've never been to South Korea. Again there is no one I know who was on the ship. I was not that very sad when I heard about Ghaiti earthquake and Malaysia airplane loss and school children being shot in terrorist attack in Norway. But this one..... I don't wanna think about anything else. I still hope there is at least someone alive. My family members said I should stop being like this because every second thousands of people die and should not take any bad news too seriously.
What a cruel world, there is no point in living in this world where there are not many bright things.

Yes, it's so very sad. :( Those poor children... And I agree, what the captain was thinking?! He's crazy and utterly selfish. Of course the students were following his orders because they didn't know. I feel so sad for their families. Such a sad tragedy. :(

It is indeed very sad. The scenes of despair on the news are awful.

But it's funny how easy it can be to be sad for people far off, sometimes, and yet so hard on people nearer to us. :(

That accident is sad, along with all the other accidents that have recently been occurring. The accident in California that killed 10 people on their way to tour a college. The Malaysian flight that went missing. The mudslide in Washington that has (so far) killed 39 people. So many lives taken, so many families grieving. It's just horrible :(

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones fresh in my mind.

It is a great tragedy and my heart goes out to the people who were on the ship and to their families and friends. It shows how uncertain life is for all of us. I read somewhere that we are all just one heartbeat away from eternity and this is very true.

Yes it is a very sad. I still could not get over it. What tiina63 said is very true-'One Heartbeat away from eternity'. I think I should stop searching up to date news like every hour because I could not hear any bright news. Koreans are working too poorly. While the ship was sinking rescuers could have gone to the the cabinets and unlocked the doors. The captain should be deeply ashamed, he seems very suspicious. This dreadful accident made me realise how important it is to learn swimming. My relative called me "psychotic, stupid" for being deeply sad about the accident. There are too many people making this world less bright, but very few people making this world brighter. I guess I'm one of the people to make this world better place. It is nothing wrong to be too kind-hearted and sensitive, right?. It seems to me you guys in this forum are pretty much like me and not like those stone-hearted ones.

I feel for them too. I felt for those on the missing Malaysian flight too. It's just so much harder for people to take it when you can't find them. It's heartbreaking and how I wish there's some way I can help.. find them.

My heart goes out to these victims and their loved ones. May they find some peace in dealing with their hurt and losses.

I agree. It's quite sad. It is always sad when there is an even that leads to so many deaths, especially of young people. I feel horrible for the parents. We expect our children to die after us, not before us. The majority of my family is in South Korea, so I am glad that none were on that ship.

It's good to see such a compassionate person, but you can't dwell on these things. Terrible things are happening to people at all times on this planet. Take it from someone who visits gore sites often. Nature is a ***** and she doesn't give a honeysuckle about us as individuals.

It is so sad, along with all the other tragedies that have happened recently. The way you feel shows you comoassinaten heart. I have a physical reaction to these things and cry at hearing news like that. Just this morning on the news it was saying how the Malaysian flight has been missing for 7 weeks I can't imagine how their loved ones are coping.

As for other people, it is tough not being bothered what they say. I can remember when the 9/11 attacks happened my then Husband was not interested at all and honestly couldn't understand my tears. That relative of yours needs to look up the word psychotic in the dictionary.

I wish there were more compassionate hearted people in this world. It still hurts something around my chest when I think how those students, who are same of age mine, struggled to stay alive and hoped to live desperately. Their final wishes, hopes, thoughts deeply in despair. Even there were some students alive for 3 days after the accident. Some still managed to live for few days in that sunken ship. I blame government of South Korea and their extremely poor rescue operation. If I could do time travelling I would definitely prevent the ship from the accident no matter what it takes. I hope all of those students' spirits would go to the Light. I'm sure many of them are still with their parents. I can't imagine how their loved ones are coping. So heartbreaking ...
Thank you for understanding my feelings.

Latest posts

Back