Does "Derailing" Really Piss You Off?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I hope this thread finds you well.:)

"Derailing" occurs in every forum. We all know that I think. What I'm posting this for is to see how derailing affects you when it happens in your threads that you start on this forum. I'm no angel, I've certainly have derailed a thread or two since I joined. A lot of my threads have been derailed by others as well.

For some strange reason, it really doesn't bother me. I guess it should, but it just doesn't. Even on my serious threads. Does derailing stick in your craw to the point where you get really pissed off but don't show it?

God Bless.
-LK

Pezza said:
No.

There are more important things to get pissed off with in life.
Yeah, like going to "YouTube" to check out a video, and all it is, is someone aiming their webcam directly at their television producing an appalling video. I hate that.

LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
No.

Yeah, like going to "YouTube" to check out a video, and all it is, is someone aiming their webcam directly at their television producing an appalling video. I hate that.

Or people picking there teeth. I hate that

Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
No.

What's even worse is when you look up an instructional video and the guy who's telling you what to do is 13 years old, those moments make you feel like such an idiot.

Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
No.

What's even worse is when you look up an instructional video and the guy who's telling you what to do is 13 years old, those moments make you feel like such an idiot.
Funny you should mention that Pezza. At the chess club
there's a 9 or 10 year old Chinese kid that it is absolutely brilliant at the game. He's a typical kid, but being 35, I sometimes feel like an idiot when he beats me. When he beat me one time, he offered to show me where I went wrong, so I sucked up my pride and listened.

It's a little awkward having someone who is 25 years or so younger, correct you, but he is a better player than I am, so I'm **** well going to listen.

LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
No.

there's a 9 or 10 year old Chinese kid that it is absolutely brilliant at the game. He's a typical kid, but being 35, I sometimes feel like an idiot when he beats me. When he beat me one time, he offered to show me where I went wrong, so I sucked up my pride and listened.

It's a little awkward having someone who is 25 years or so younger, correct you, but he is a better player than I am, so I'm **** well going to listen.

I can totally imagine you sucking up your pride just for the kid to say "Well where you went wrong was challenging me in the first place" :D

LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
No.

those **** chinese are better at everything!! Lol

Pezza said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:

I can totally imagine you sucking up your pride just for the kid to say "Well where you went wrong was challenging me in the first place" :D
I didn't have a choice. I was paired against him in the 2nd round. I know what you are saying though. Suck up my pride only to have him trash talk me. lol

No, it wouldn't make me mad.. cause some topics can easily be switched to something similar to it and so on.

Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:

Especially "Checkers".

LoneKiller said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:
Mikey193 said:

Especially "Checkers".

Forget derailing, that up there bugs me more, lazy masses of quotes all rolled into one massive wall of text. It makes posts harder to read and follow which puts people off from replying. A little editing here and there makes things a lot easier to understand. ;)

Thus endith the rant.

Lost Drifter said:
LoneKiller said:
Mikey193 said:
LoneKiller said:
Pezza said:

Especially "Checkers".

Forget derailing, that up there bugs me more, lazy masses of quotes all rolled into one massive wall of text. It makes posts harder to read and follow which puts people off from replying. A little editing here and there makes things a lot easier to understand. ;)

Thus endith the rant.
Can I quote you on that?:D

Derailed! Does that mean I should have got on the train instead of the bus? Dammit! Wheres the train station? Hold on a minute L.K., is this a trick question? Maybe I'll miss the boat if I go to the train station.

I'm so confused. :rolleyes:

Lonely in BC said:
Derailed! Does that mean I should have got on the train instead of the bus? Dammit! Wheres the train station? Hold on a minute L.K., is this a trick question? Maybe I'll miss the boat if I go to the train station.

I'm so confused. :rolleyes:
Me as well. lol

Sometimes a derailed discussion becomes so popular with several people in a thread that I'd feel like an idiot if I bothered to post something on-topic after them, other times really I don't care.

ThreadHijack-DeNiro.jpg

DreamerDeceiver said:
Sometimes a derailed discussion becomes so popular with several people in a thread that I'd feel like an idiot if I bothered to post something on-topic after them, other times really I don't care.

Yeah this.

Also if it's someone posting with an issue or problem and it turns into pages of mindless chatter that seems a bit unfair or if it's a debate that could have been really interesting and it nose dives right away.

If it's more of a "fun thread" it doesn't really bother me.

Latest posts

Back