Easier said than done

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nondescript

Reaction score
It's soo much easier to know how to avoid being lonely than to actually execute a plan to avoid it.

I'm alone on friday right now - and feel miserable.

My plan was to attend a meetup however the day at work utterly drained me physically/emotionally so if I did go along the exertion would truly dampen my spirits and/or weaken me to becoming ill.

It sound's trivial but tiredness really is a significant issue that has blocked my attempts to meet new people mid-week.

Working/commuting is just too tiring to then spend evenings outside trying to make new friends - it feels like I should just be at home relaxing with a partner.

Its very disapointing/frustrating that being socially accepted is not an achievable goal similar to getting a job or passing an exam.

I'm sure others feel this way, it really is a sad state of affairs :(

Do you have any holiday time saved up? If you do then maybe use that time to start doing social stuff?

yeah, the plan is to book some vacation time around easter/summer to go on hiking trips.

It's questionable that going abroad by yourself is enjoyable however I've seen meetup advertise hikes which cater for individuals to join a group weekend trip. It could be that meetup is full of other loners/weirdos - but who am I to judge!

thanks for the suggestion Paraiyar, my original post was just out of frustration , Fridays are definitely a low point for me.

I went overseas and traveled through Europe by myself and it was enjoyabe but also challenging at times. Made some good friends and built my confidence a bit. Wish I could do it again now actually, think I would do it better.

Latest posts

Back