Education or Friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry98

Reaction score
Education Or Friends? I don't which one to pick... I currently at C class, I got a best friend... After this May's Middle Exam, If my result is better, I will jump to A class (First Class) , I have no friend at A class. It is Hard To Find, Really.

So I Was Thinking, Should I Jump A Class? Or Stay In The C Class With My Best Friend? Education Or Friends. I Can't Do Anything If I Choose Both. And If I Jump To A Class For Education, How About My Best Friend? We Still Can Meet And Talk, I Know. But The Friendship Will Be Lower And Lower... I Lose Many Best Friend Because Of This :/ I Don't Want To Lost Another One. :(

I don't know if I am one to give advice but I do know that no matter where you are or what you are doing there is always a chance that the friends you begin with will not be the ones you end with, no matter how close you are. After about 5 yrs, I am in contact (meaning I have their numbers and FB info) with a maximum of 3 people who I graduated high school with. I can call 1 my actual friend. In college, friends come and go as well. You or they may transfer,move, drop out, get pregnant, or your interest may change causing you so simply grow apart. I've since graduated college and I can say out of all the friends and acquaintances I had, a total of 2 people will have some purpose in my life in the future. This isn't to say you should have a "forget about friendship" attitude, because indeed friendship is needed especially when you encounter challenges in school. We all need the support of our peers through tough times. With that said, I am ultimately glad I didn't rely so heavily on friends throughout school. I just thought about it like this...When you begin falling behind in school or failing exams, do these friends of yours plan to do your work for you or let you sleep on their couch one day when you're broke and unemployed which all happened because you spent all your time with them and didn't do what you were supposed to do in school? Probably not. I had many issues with the few friends I did have throughout school, and at times we weren't the best influences on one another. Where would I be if I changed my educational goals for someone I ultimately won't know a year from now? I would be in a far worse position then I'm in currently and would feel very stupid at that. I'd say keep education your priority in general, but don't keep your head in the books so deeply that you fail to have any social experiences at all (that's what happened to me these last 2 years). The balance will be difficult, but any friend who truly cares about your ultimate well being will and should be understanding. My real best friend knew that when I had finals or big projects coming up she wouldn't hear from me for a few weeks at a time, and she understood. She has been my friend through highschool and college (a total of 8 years!) Now THAT is friendship.

Can you say with all certainty that your friendship will eventually end if you take that class or is that your fear talking? Are you honouring what your goals are if you do not advance? How important is that class to you? I think true friends stay when they really like you. A person bettering themself should not be an issue with anyone who cares about them. Be true to yourself and try not to make decisions out of fear.
Good luck with your life. I wish you peace and clarity.

Harry98 said:
Education Or Friends? I don't which one to pick... I currently at C class, I got a best friend... After this May's Middle Exam, If my result is better, I will jump to A class (First Class) , I have no friend at A class. It is Hard To Find, Really.

So I Was Thinking, Should I Jump A Class? Or Stay In The C Class With My Best Friend? Education Or Friends. I Can't Do Anything If I Choose Both. And If I Jump To A Class For Education, How About My Best Friend? We Still Can Meet And Talk, I Know. But The Friendship Will Be Lower And Lower... I Lose Many Best Friend Because Of This :/ I Don't Want To Lost Another One. :(

Friendship doesn't count miles, its measured by heart! If you and your best friend are true friends then it really doesn't matter that you are in class A and your friend in C. Through my experience, i can tell you that sometimes, people who we think our best friends eventually turn out to be a wrong judgement. All of my close friends are away, some are abroad, some are in other cities, some are working in other departments. But we remain in touch through phone and internet and we meet up whenever get the chance. True friendship is not about being together 24/7, its about being there whenever needed.
So, move on to class A, my suggestion :)

Yes, I'm with jayme and BrokenInside. Do what is best for you and your best friend should understand, be supportive and continue to keep in touch if this friendship matters to her/him as much as it does to you.

Latest posts

Back