ethernet issues D;

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

evanescencefan91

so i'm having issues with my Ethernet system, i cannot connect through Ethernet wire,

fortunately my wifi adapter has started again,

but the only way i can get on through the wifi, is down the other end of the hall, in the hallway on the hard floor :(

it's rather hard on the ass

and i really miss being able to surf from the comfort of my own room and cozy bed :(

it started happening a while ago

my roommate's internet works just fine in there, and if i put my roommate's cable in my laptop it will not work :( even though it will work for her's

so it does not seem to be either the jack or the cable if any of you guys know what could be the cause of this, and could walk me through the repair process, that would be fantastic,

please please if anyone could give me some much needed advice I'd feel much happier

Try powering down computer and router and cable modem, plug in the cable, then power everything back up.

If that doesn't help. please post if you have a Windows computer and which version (ie, XP?)

i don't have a router, i've been using the unveristy net, i've tried restarting

I've got windows vista

thanks i hope that helps

I never bought into Vista.
See if you can do this, with cable on and wireless off:

Start
Run
Type CMD
In the window that opens, type: ipconfig /renew

If that doesn't work, we can try another way.

go to control panel, then find internet options.

i prefer the classic view like the W95, there should be a link that says something classic view if you want all the icons on just one page, vs the vista where you have to click links...

1. Connect ethernet cable and try if you can get into the modem settings menu (Would be something like typing http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser) and see if it works.

Like this is for my modem
eth1.jpg

If that works then

2. Connect the Ethernet cable and login msn. Msn has some internal troubleshooting stuff. So it might show you the error when you troubleshoot.

Something like this

hi2.jpg

hi3.jpg

thaanks guys i'm in the itc, i'll try some of that when i get back I'll let you guys how it goes keep you're fingers crossed

OMFG!!!!! it's a miracle

XD

i'm online o happy day
thankyou all so much for your advice

it might have been one of the above problems I tried doing some of the things you guys said

i hope it continues to work

thanks again everyone this has just made my day and probably my week

:D

LoveMyComputer.gif

Latest posts

Back