Every Firework Makes Me Lonelier...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Haines

Reaction score
No special message...

Every rocket, every banger and every local family's collective whoop of delight...every one of them makes my loneliness deeper and more difficult to figure a way out of.

Life is always elsewhere!

I am always peering at the lives of others, or listening to how much they enjoy those lives. Christmas will be even worse.

A bad night, for me - my self-pity is well past it's asleep-by time - I'm off to bed!

Ian.

Your not alone Ian, just came back from the supermarket (a pathetically lonely place at night) and as I walked through town I either saw gangs of people out for the night or families watching firework displays.

I’ve now got my micro-meal for one in the microwave and I’ll probably fall asleep on the sofa while watching some dumb television show like I do every other weekend.

Syber Tiger said:
the fireworks just started in my town,dam dogs going crazy,and the baby is sleeping (wary)

Please don't take offense to this I honestly don't mean any but could the fact you feel the need to "spec" a "gaming rig" on your profiles be an indication of where our troubles lie? What I mean by that is the dedication and obsession that PC "gamers" tend to devote to their computers has always struck me as seriously unhealthy, its like you feel you have the ability to connect with a machine (which is silly) but you can not connect with a person unless its someone spouting geek speak on world of Warcraft or some such nonsense. There is also a very strong element of avoidance - avoiding reality. Maybe you feel gaming is your escape - but it is actually your problem?

Could any of that be fair? Or will you just take offense?

I hear you lot. Same here.

Bang ! Bang ! ! guss who's Alane. That's what there saying to me.

Well
53251088.fireworks.gif
we could have our very own here :p

It be all over after the weekend tell christmas comes.

Ian Haines said:
No special message...

Every rocket, every banger and every local family's collective whoop of delight...every one of them makes my loneliness deeper and more difficult to figure a way out of.

I am always peering at the lives of others, or listening to how much they enjoy those lives. Christmas will be even worse.

A bad night, for me - my self-pity is well past it's asleep-by time - I'm off to bed!

Ian.

New Years Eve is the worst for me.

Everybody else enjoying themselves while I'm stuck indoors. I usually go to bed well before midnight hoping I can sleep thru all the celebrations.

But hang in there, you never know what's around the corner. I went 4 years without going out and all of a sudden I have a social life. Of course it doesn't always go to plan like this woman I'm seeing screwing this other guy but you've got to develop a thick skin and just get on with it.

I just thank the lord this year my neighbours didn't have any. They set them off right at the end of their garden and its RIGHT under my window. Scary.

Ian Haines said:
No special message...

I concur, my thoughts exactly.

Vagrant Legacy said:
Well.. then I guess there's only one thing left to do :
Go and watch V for Vendetta :D

I was gonna do this, then I opened the box and realised I've lost the bloody DVD somewhere. Typical! :rolleyes:

Anyway Ian, you're not missing out on much. I actually got invited to one this year but I didn't go - at the end of the day it's just standing around in the freezing cold with people you probably don't know at all, with explosions making conversation impossible.

It was always kind of magical as a kid (at least, I remember the hot dogs being good :D ), but now that I've got a bunch of work on my plate all the time I don't bother going.

Plus I'm already a bit deaf, don't fancy having a loud boom take out the rest of my hearing :p

Don't feel bad about it!

You lost the DVD ? :( That's a shame...
Well, you could always just go and try to blow up parliament for real :D

Latest posts

Back