Everybody looks old

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelydoc

Reaction score
Women begin to look old in their mid 20s. Men in their early 30s. Without exception.

It has to do with genetics. You just basically lose the subcutaneous tissue and your hair thins and you develop spots all over.

Doesn't matter how many products or procedures you have done to your skin or hair or teeth, or how much you exercise, you can only mask it and not very successfully.

Everybody I see looks quite old and tired. Only the ultra celebrities who are pampered 24/7 and spend hundreds of thousands on their looks can stave off the decline. And even they usually mess things up with plastic surgery.

So what? People age, it's a fact of life. Every year you will look older because you ARE getting older.

Why are you so concerned with people and how they look and smell? If you hate people so **** much, why don't you just become a hermit or something?

It's amazing how far we'll go look younger. I've seen some middle aged women with so much makeup on that you'd need a chisel to remove it. We girls want to look pretty but some go way overboard. Below is an example.

bad-botox-2_443x474_zpsqmeielyt.jpg

TheRealCallie said:
So what? People age, it's a fact of life. Every year you will look older because you ARE getting older.

Why are you so concerned with people and how they look and smell? If you hate people so **** much, why don't you just become a hermit or something?
You're rude.

I'm with Callie, so what, I have no problem looking older.

Also previous poster I also see girls in their teens and twenties with plenty of makeup covering up their young skin and it ages them 20 years in some cases, its not just oldies. But hey whatever they need to do to make themselves feel better. It doesn't matter to me, we all have our hang ups and do what we need to boost our self esteem.

What would help if people where less judgemental and more accepting. Then people's perception of themselves might be more positive.

Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:

You're rude.

If that's how you choose to perceive me, so be it. Doesn't bother me at all.

Dude, have you seen Alex Kingston She's hot. And fifty.
And holy sheep, Angie Harmon?!

lonelydoc said:
Women begin to look old in their mid 20s. Men in their early 30s. Without exception.

It has to do with genetics. You just basically lose the subcutaneous tissue and your hair thins and you develop spots all over.

Doesn't matter how many products or procedures you have done to your skin or hair or teeth, or how much you exercise, you can only mask it and not very successfully.

Everybody I see looks quite old and tired. Only the ultra celebrities who are pampered 24/7 and spend hundreds of thousands on their looks can stave off the decline. And even they usually mess things up with plastic surgery.

Really.... 20's and 30's? Men and Women in their late 20's and 30's are just that, MEN AND WOMEN. Not little kids. We look more mature and....mature is beautiful. I don't want a man that looks like a little boy.

TheRealCallie said:
Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:

You're rude.

Yes it does. You put on this tough exterior so others will think that you don't care when in fact you are quite sensitive and hurt easily. I've met people like you before. You are all the same. Just being honest.:)

Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:
Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:

You're rude.

Yes it does. You put on this tough exterior so others will think that you don't care when in fact you are quite sensitive and hurt easily. I've met people like you before. You are all the same. Just being honest.:)

Honey, no offense, but far better people have insulted me and you saying I'm rude does not do anything for me either way. If you'd like, I could take it as a compliment.
You may know people that pretend to not care, that's fine and dandy, but words don't offend me. People's opinions of me don't offend. Sorry, you'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than calling me rude to get to me. Good luck. :D

TheRealCallie said:
Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:
Chun li said:
TheRealCallie said:

You're rude.

Honey, no offense, but far better people have insulted me and you saying I'm rude does not do anything for me either way. If you'd like, I could take it as a compliment.
You may know people that pretend to not care, that's fine and dandy, but words don't offend me. People's opinions of me don't offend. Sorry, you'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than calling me rude to get to me. Good luck. :D
That's right honey, keep telling yourself that.

lonelydoc said:
Women begin to look old in their mid 20s.... Without exception.

Thank goodness for that. I was quite gangly in my teens and 20s. Weird hairstyles, braces on my teeth, overweight, poor sense of style and walked around with my shoulders hunched and head down for lack of confidence.

Not everyone peaks in their 20s.

I love that I get to be older and an upgraded version of my 20 year old self. Also, I smell fantastic, did I mention that?

Let's leave youth to young people and looking like a child to children.

-Teresa

No honeysuckle I like women in their late 50's maybe even 60's. They have this charm, confidence, easy manner, sex appeal.

Hey I will take looking old any day over acting old. I swear people are flat losing their minds and I am kind of sure it is due to some sort of mental decline that is happening earlier and earlier.

I resent the hollywood elite that make themselves look young at tremendous cost and then the rest of us feel that pressure too.

For a while I have thought that our bodies actually know when we should die and start winding us down. And that is what the process of aging is. It really seems like our body actively starts working against us at a certain age. At first I thought, wow, that isn't natural... how can that be? But maybe it IS natural. I mean evil people all can't escape the death card. Imagine if poor political leaders could live forever? They would never leave or be voted out.

Now we are extending life by unnatural means and in someways, it is torture. Because our bodies have survived longer than they should either for their physical prowess or our mental prowess.

If tomorrow we figured out how to get people to live for 100+ years more... it really would probably be a very bad thing for the world.

lonelydoc said:

I think that really depends on the person. Some genes stand up better than others. But honestly, what's your point? Really... What's your point with this thread?

As someone who is 53, I am in the best shape of my life physically. Do I have wrinkles yes, do I care no. I would rather have the wisdom I have now, than the naivety of my 20's.

lonelydoc said:

One day my younger brother came to me and told me how my older brother was "over the hill" because the older brother had turned 16. He just looked so old to my younger brother.

These days i have yet to see a mid 20 year old woman who looks 'old'. Older than 14 yes, old no.

I couldn't agree more with SofiasMami people can and do improve at this time when you deem them as being old.

o51f90.jpg

Latest posts

Back