Exile

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melanie said:
I used to think about disengaging myself from society and living in the woods somewhere quite often. I don't think about it too much anymore because I know it's unrealistic. I would however, love to live a quiet and simple life on a farm. But, I guess farm life is nothing like my fantastical view of it. Alas, I will always be a slave to this friggen society!

It's really not unrealistic. The biggest problem is land tax. You can buy your own land and learn how to completely live off of it without the need for money, but then you still have to pay land tax. I'm fervently against a tax on land because then you absolutely can't get out of the system unless you do live in the mountains and that will be difficult.

Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Nyktimos said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Well since ideally my commune would be a bunch of vegans with Buddhist leanings who love the New England weather, I doubt I'd be able to find more than 5 people to join me. :p

Sod it, I'd go for that. I'm not much interested in being vegan but for a quiet life without all the arseholes, why not. I'd happily swap old England weather for New England weather. Can we have a colony of lemurs? I like lemurs.

We'd have to keep the lemurs in a hothouse in winter, they're kind of tropical critters. Could we substitute non-rabid skunks for the lemurs?

Can we attach long stripey tails to the skunks? No they'd probably get annoyed with us for that. Ok, skunks it is.

Rule number 1: Don't make a skunk feel uncomfortable.

Skunks are damned cute critters, all things considered.

SophiaGrace said:
Why not scrap the USA altogether and go live in the amazon? :D

Because people keep chopping down around you.:( Same with Madagascar, where I could have my colony of lemurs in their proper environment.

Nyktimos said:
SophiaGrace said:

Because people keep chopping down around you.:( Same with Madagascar, where I could have my colony of lemurs in their proper environment.

What about the Russian Wilderness?

SophiaGrace said:
Nyktimos said:
SophiaGrace said:

What about the Russian Wilderness?

You can live there if you want :p History tells me I don't want to live there.

Well see, ideally I'd own my own land and build a sealed log cabin. I'd have a well and solar power.

My dream is to own my own island. I'll build my cabin that will be self sufficient. I'll stock my land with game and let them multiply over a few years. I'll have a boat and dock for fishing on the freshwater lake. I could still go to town if I wanted to. I'd still have money, but at this age I'd be retired and out of the system. I've got my career path set before me to achieve this. I'm working on it now.

Latest posts

Back