First Crush Rush

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barky

Reaction score
I recently returned to the classroom for Chem 11 thru night school. I might be the oldest, with some of the students young enough to be nieces or nephews of mine. It's been refreshing nevertheless.

A few classes in, I noticed two students small-talking and helping each other with classwork. They seemed to be smitten together and almost in a world of their own. I found it rather cute. Then it got me thinking back to my grade-school crushes and the thrill of connecting with one. What a beautiful feeling.

Who else remembers that titillating tingle, the rush of a crush? It doesn't have to be the first; could be recent. I'm just hoping the thought can make users smile like it did for me. And if you're in the mood, even feel free to share it for others :)

barky said:
I recently returned to the classroom for Chem 11 thru night school. I might be the oldest, with some of the students young enough to be nieces or nephews of mine. It's been refreshing nevertheless.

A few classes in, I noticed two students small-talking and helping each other with classwork. They seemed to be smitten together and almost in a world of their own. I found it rather cute. Then it got me thinking back to my grade-school crushes and the thrill of connecting with one. What a beautiful feeling.

Who else remembers that titillating tingle, the rush of a crush? It doesn't have to be the first; could be recent. I'm just hoping the thought can make users smile like it did for me. And if you're in the mood, even feel free to share it for others :)

my last crush was about 3 years ago. She was beautiful and 12 years younger than me. I knew I had no chance. We talked a bit at work. All of a sudden she told me she wanted to be my golf caddy. I couldn't believe it, thought she might be interested. So we went to golf and it was lovely but she never really got into touch after that. I have just found out a few weeks ago from a work colleague that she was using me to divert the attention from her and the boss who she was screwing. He was married and the rumours were flying around. Take the attention away by pretending to be friends with me.

How lovely !

TripleBogey
I have just found out a few weeks ago from a work colleague that she was using me to divert the attention from her and the boss who she was screwing.

Nasty trick, that. Sounds like they deserved each other!

jaguarundi said:
TripleBogey
I have just found out a few weeks ago from a work colleague that she was using me to divert the attention from her and the boss who she was screwing.

Nasty trick, that. Sounds like they deserved each other!

I know. I can't get rid of her because she still sends me texts wanting to meet up for a coffee. I don't make much effort, just can't be bothered. She is engaged to this mean looking drummer. If she is still at it with my old boss, it would be nice if this drummer finds out and finds a new place for his drum sticks !

I don't make much effort

I'm surprised you made any at all. If she is engaged and carrying on with someone else as well, she might be the kind of gal who likes it when guys fight over her. Definitely well worth staying away from a mess like that.

jaguarundi said:
I don't make much effort

I'm surprised you made any at all. If she is engaged and carrying on with someone else as well, she might be the kind of gal who likes it when guys fight over her. Definitely well worth staying away from a mess like that.

I once ignored her text. She sent another one and then a facebook message and then rang me up on my mobile. So I had to say I had heard things about her I didn't really like. I hate my old boss, he is a creep and a bully. She denied it and wanted to meet up. So I went for a coffee with her and she denied anything had happened. It was all talk. That was about 2 years ago.

Hard to get rid of somebody. I wish she didn't know my mobile number.

jaguarundi said:
Hard to get rid of somebody

Well, it is if you are nice!

I wish she didn't know my mobile number

Bummer!

It was 3 years ago around now. She had left my work and got moved to another shop because the manager's wife found out. We swapped numbers and she started going on about been my golf caddy. I was totally in love with her and I would send text messages and be devastated if she never answered. (And that happened most times !)

At work the manager would disappear during the day and everybody was saying he was off to shag her. It was all people would talk about and it ripped my guts out hearing it. And then people would whisper because they knew how I felt. And she would send me text messages wanting to meet up every now and again. We played golf once and I was thinking 'it can't be true, why would she get involved with a married man who was a honeysuckle to everybody' - After every time we played golf, she would ask me to do overtime in her shop and I would go like a wally. I remember going on my birthday just to be with her. And of course who turned up, the manager. And they wandered off into the office and I wondered 'are they ******* each other now ?' and then I thought 'why am I putting myself thru this ?'

Anyway it went on for months until I started going out with another woman and my feelings faded thank god. Somebody told me they had seen the manager's car outside her house during the day and that was it for me. Something was going on. That is why I ignored her but she wouldn't go away. And when we went for a coffee, she denied everything. Since then we have met 3 or 4 times a year but it's always her who sends the text messages and I never work in her shop. I have heard from her once this year. Our new boss said he saw them together at some meeting and said it was 'obvious' something was going on.

It was an horrible time.

Sounds like you got over her, but the experience has left a bit of a scar, perhaps.

No wonder. I truly dislike it when women piss all over a man's tenderer feelings like that. Maybe she didn't know what she was doing (maybe) because she was too wrapped up in herself to notice that it was hurtful to you. Being a northern man (Hull?) I suppose you kept a very stiff upper lip to show to the outside world.

It's possible, though still not completely excusable of her, I suppose.

But if she did know she was using you .... Why some women think it's OK to do it to a guy when they would throw a fit if a bloke did it to them I will never understand.

Then they go off with a gardenia and complain after they have been treated like honeysuckle that they 'never meet any nice men.'

Women eh? What are we like (no don't answer that one) :D

jaguarundi said:
Sounds like you got over her, but the experience has left a bit of a scar, perhaps.

No wonder. I truly dislike it when women piss all over a man's tenderer feelings like that. Maybe she didn't know what she was doing (maybe) because she was too wrapped up in herself to notice that it was hurtful to you. Being a northern man (Hull?) I suppose you kept a very stiff upper lip to show to the outside world.

It's possible, though still not completely excusable of her, I suppose.

But if she did know she was using you .... Why some women think it's OK to do it to a guy when they would throw a fit if a bloke did it to them I will never understand.

Then they go off with a gardenia and complain after they have been treated like honeysuckle that they 'never meet any nice men.'

Women eh? What are we like (no don't answer that one) :D

I am over her, I am glad about it. I don't drop everything to be with her. I acted like a love sick wally and it was embarrassing. Everybody knew as well. God it was horrible !

I would be delighted if I got a 'like' on facebook while other men were getting all sorts (apparently !)

I have plenty of scars, so many horrible experiences with women.

Latest posts

Back