Free Hugs!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like hugs?

• Yes. Deffs.

Votes: 292 92.7%
  • No. Hugs suck.

Votes: 23 7.3%

• Total voters
ladyforsaken said:
tumblr_mr5x6rp18h1s9snzmo1_400.gif

repeat to ALL that are in need!!

ladyforsaken said:
:D one can never have too many hugs so...

Wise words, Lady. HUGS are one of the best expressions of affection ! Me thinks :)

20sdu2c.gif

Living with a huge secret on my mind has lead to great unhappiness, yet there is nothing i can do to help myself... makes me feel very alone.

lonelycylon said:

That just melted my heart completely, i confirmed once again why i am a proud crazy cat lady, mother, rescuer, and many things more, all for my beloved furry children.

Thank you Cylon. <3

Qui said:
Code:
Due to the content it asks for this thread falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky.

So... here's the deal. Since I give hugs a lot anyway, and a lot of you seem to like that... This post is for people to say what stupid thing happened that bugged them or made them sad today and in exchange they get a hug.
Example:
Qui had a bad day because her bf is being a horny ******* and is way too pushy.
*Hugs self over the internet*

Get it? It's pretty simple I guess.

Interesting thread. Not sure if the 3rd person perspective is a requirement, but I'll do it anyway.

Crux had a bad day because it was like every other boring day except he had to go to work, where he had nothing better to do than start thinking about the current state of his (comparatively) awful life, which made him depressed because, needless to say, it's not fun to think about your life when you spend the majority of your time in your room reading or on the internet, stopping whatever your doing when you hear footsteps outside your door because your (irrationally) afraid someone might come in and see what your doing a and criticize it somehow. He has nobody to talk to and doesn't like the people he has to talk to, and today has (socially) been an inactive day on the internet and he has depleted (finished) the last book of the couple he had bought and is not currently capable of getting another, so cannot interact with anyone he wants to via the internet, and cannot try and escape his reality with the aforementioned book. He supposes he could try searching interesting subjects on the internet to distract him, but is much too tired to try and comprehend anything even slightly complex right now.

In his depression/boredom he decides to ramble and whine about his problems on the internet, but his emotions are blunted and so he is not able to derive satisfaction from expressing them, and rather than crying while writing a heartfelt post for catharsis, he can only write this, slightly satirical, abominable, disgrace to grammar of a post. He doesn't even know what he wants from it anymore. Sympathy? Just interaction in general? Entertainment? Probably a combination of them.

To add another shameful statement of his misery that he couldn't neatly add into a sentence to make it seem less like the complaining that it is, crux tells his readers that he is often slightly depersonalized. Not a whole lot, just enough to make him a little confused about himself.

And with that, crux hits "post reply" and waits, kind of nervous in anticipation of the possible answers that it may elicit.

Crux, I'm sorry you had a bad day. I don't really have anything useful to say as I'm not feeling all that great myself, but *hugs* hope you'll feel better soon.

Thanks. I actually needed one tonight. Not a good evening at all. I must try harder...

This is kind of tragic, but I think the last time I had a hug from anyone outside of my family members was like over 6 years ago. I did get kissed on the forehead by a weird woman at my grandpa's 90th birthday party though - score one for the Cavey. lol.

I actually burst into tears today when my granddaughter picked up a box that my daughter had previously said granddaughter is not supposed to touch. Through tears I told this little 2 year old, "Please stop doing that. I'm going to get yelled at." Then I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. So did my granddaughter.

Latest posts

Back