Fwiends!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a 34 yr old gay male in the UK who spent at least a year being an 18 yr old gay in the UK.

HELLO!

Is it as horrid being an 18 year old gay in the UK now as it was in 1998?

You found your way to this forum, so times can't be that great?

Spent a few years this way from about 15 I knew I was not straight. It's ok at the moment but still not....brilliant. The ammount of jokes I hear about gays scares me. Scares me so much I dont tell people.

I think its more accepted but im not sure...guess it was pretty bad back then.

Mintorious said:
Spent a few years this way from about 15 I knew I was not straight. It's ok at the moment but still not....brilliant. The ammount of jokes I hear about gays scares me. Scares me so much I dont tell people.

I think its more accepted but im not sure...guess it was pretty bad back then.

I think it's a middle class guardian reading myth that we are all out and proud. In my veiw things are worse. I used to walk down the high street holding hands with my 2nd bf. I would not dare do that now. I also feel more reluctant to tell anyone these days for some reason.

Well back then I was just a kiddy. Dont tell people much since i've been bullied for it. Was even beaten up a little while ago. I must say its nice talking to a fellow gay :p

That's sad that people still get bullied for being gay in this day and age. It must do a number on your confidence.

Lots of people get bullied, it's not limited to gay people, but yes, it does suck.

You can always try out the chat room, Mintorious, if you're interested. It's usually busier in the evening (American time), but there are usually a few people in there over the course of the rest of the day.

I am a 46 year old gay male living in the UK. I guess I was an 18 year old gay male once, but it seems so long ago I cannot remember it with any clarity. Of course, that may say more about the intervening 28 years!

It is always difficult being 'different', not conforming to the norm. Jokes and the like say more about the insecurities of the people making them, of course.

Are we all UK gays? We should start our own subculture.

Get some Bat For Lashes on. Anyone seen my sandalwood incense?

Yeah. Its the nongays I feel sorry for. They will be beginning to feel left out.

Yes, it can't be much fun being straight. Not only do you have no fashion sense and crap tastes in music, but you have to do strange things with members of the opposite sex. Ugh!

I believe Fox here is also a gay male but he's often in the chatroom and doesn't post on the forum much.

Fox? I knew a gay who called himself Fox (in the real world). Gays liked to give themselves nicknames in the 90's. Curious time. You might know a person by nickname and personality but never thier real name or anything about thier life.

I never did know my 3rd bfs last name. He was just Trevor. How am I meant to stalk him on Facebook when I'm drunk. Can't just search for Trevor......

Hiya
I'm not gay, but Bi is close enough, right?
18, but i'm in the U.S.

I haven't really come out either, 'cept for anonymously, and to close friends.
I'd love to talk~

I don't think bi people should have a label. What use is it? I would prefer it somehow if there was a term of "non fixed" or "open" or "fluid". I just feel that could help break down barriers somehow. Bi sounds as narrow and rigid as does gay or straight.

Latest posts

Back