Ghosts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daughter of the moon said:
I'd be interested if you cared to elaborate on that a little bit :) Especially the part about "signs"? Like, do you have a specific vision of what that next life may be like?

No specific vision, sorry :p Just my hope that it will be a place devoid of the problems, worries, etc, of the mortal world. :)

As an open-minded person in these matters, I can say that the visions of those who have had NDEs (near death experiences) has a positive influence on my belief that there is some kind of afterlife. Of course, this evidence would amount to virtually nothing for someone who slavishly believes in the scientific process, or who has not experienced it himself and has to see something to believe in it.

As of now, I choose to have some faith in this matter.. the anecdotal evidence I've mentioned aids that faith. But at the same time, I admit my beliefs will continue to evolve, so who knows, perhaps I might eventually start thinking that our only existence is right here. I'd much prefer not to believe that, though!

daughter of the moon said:
Anecdotal evidence? In this thread or some other? *confused*

I suppose some of the stories in this thread might be considered anecdotal evidence of the paranormal or an afterlife, etc. But in that last post I was more talking about the many reported accounts of NDEs, in general. (I'm sure you've heard of this phenomenon, right?) I have a willingness to believe these anecdotal accounts are suggestive of an afterlife. What I mean by anecdotal evidence is that it does not hold up under the scientific process--you cannot test anything, all you have is an account from someone who may or may not be telling the truth. But I choose to disregard that for now, and have faith in it anyway.

If you still don't get what I'm saying, then all I can do is apologize and say that I sometimes I have trouble clarifying my views... :rolleyes:

No no :) I misunderstood you at first and thought YOU had shared some anecdotes here as well. So I ran through the whole thread trying to find it, but couldn't. lol
My bad :)

Latest posts

Back