gray hair at 22

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whocares

Reaction score
Is this normal or abnormal. I came into college with a thick head of black healthy hair.

I'm in my senior year and literally have 10-15 grey hairs in my head. I cut them out so they're not at all noticeable. Could this be due to stress?

I'll admit i've been highly stressed during certain points in college. Right now being one of them in regards to all the homework and studying i have to do this weekend.

It's just that I never thought i was SO stressed that my hair would start turning gray. It's kind of a bummer. Anybody else experiencing this or have experienced this?

I have a friend who has a genetic disorder of some sort... he has white patches in his hair and he's only 17.

It could be any number of things... genetics, stress, etc.

I'd say just don't worry about it. Stressing over your appearance will get you nowhere in life.

whocares said:
Is this normal or abnormal. I came into college with a thick head of black healthy hair.

I'm in my senior year and literally have 10-15 grey hairs in my head. I cut them out so they're not at all noticeable. Could this be due to stress?

I'll admit i've been highly stressed during certain points in college. Right now being one of them in regards to all the homework and studying i have to do this weekend.

It's just that I never thought i was SO stressed that my hair would start turning gray. It's kind of a bummer. Anybody else experiencing this or have experienced this?
I got my first grey hair before 22, after I started college. I think it's a combination of the stress and tendency not to eat good food (because always pressed for time grabbing fast food).

Try to relax & eat well.

You can just start going grey that earlier. My dad started in his 20s (he wasn't in college!), my ex was totally grey by the time I met him when he was 27 and a girl my sister worked with was going grey. It can just happen, though could also be stress maybe. I shouldn't worry really or you could dye it if it bothers you maybe. Out of interest what colour is it naturally?

in fact i eat very healthy and am in pretty good shape. i work out at least once a week. That's what's puzzling about this whole thing. i take good care of my self, get enough sleep, etc. But still i keep getting these grays. idk the hell it is. It must be stress. I'm too young for this honeysuckle to be genetic

annik,

dark brown-black.

And yea i know i'm not the only one. i really feel bad for some asians guys i see walking around campus. they've literally got half their head full of gray hairs. those dudes must be under some intense stress.

Hmm. Do you know when say your dad did? Because honestly it might just be one of those things. Might be genetic or just for no reason at all.

All I'll say is my ex used to dye his all the time because he said it made him feel old. I wished he hadn't because I thought it was sexy as hell. Just an up side for you there maybe :D

whocares said:
I'm too young for this honeysuckle to be genetic

Uhhh... you do understand what something being genetic MEANS, right?

You're never "too young" for your genes to express themselves.

whocares said:
in fact i eat very healthy and am in pretty good shape. i work out at least once a week. That's what's puzzling about this whole thing. i take good care of my self, get enough sleep, etc. But still i keep getting these grays. idk the hell it is. It must be stress. I'm too young for this honeysuckle to be genetic

annik,

dark brown-black.

And yea i know i'm not the only one. i really feel bad for some asians guys i see walking around campus. they've literally got half their head full of gray hairs. those dudes must be under some intense stress.

It just sounds like the stress is what is really bothering you... the greys are just a visual proof of this... the final straw to this lousy thing called stress that's burdening/taking over your life.

School isn't easy.

You might want to investigate ways to deal with the stress. It does seem to be the underlying issue here.

Honestly I'd be white by now if it was all to do with stress. I've not got one grey at all. Is anyone listening that you can start going grey from 20 for no reason at all?! Nope...I'm going for a biscuit.

annik said:
Honestly I'd be white by now if it was all to do with stress. I've not got one grey at all. Is anyone listening that you can start going grey from 20 for no reason at all?! Nope...I'm going for a biscuit.

lol

I used to think stress wasn't a factor. UNTIL I started school. Biscuit sounds great though :)

I've been finding grays since I was 19 or 20. That's why they make hair dye. If you don't like it, dye it. :D

I have gray hairs ever since I can remember. I sometimes have half gray half black hair. I've always thought it's genetic as my mum mentioned it once. Never bothered though but I also almost only tie my hair when outside.

some gray hair is normal
it can also have to do with gynetics,Ask you parents if they had that prob if u want to.

and and like callie said "dye it if u dont like it"

annik said:

Would you like some tea with that?

IgnoredOne said:
annik said:

Would you like some tea with that?

Yes please. Milk, 2 sugars. :)

Lmao....

I had streak of growning on the right side of my head when I turned 22.
It looked to kick ass when I grow my hair long.. As if Im some mystical evil step child. :p

Some women actually finds me more attractive with the salt and pepper
look I have going...

I not balb @ my age...I dont
give a fresia what colure it is..

honeysuckle...Jennifer dyed her hair dark brown from a blonde...then she was going to streaks of Puiple in it.LOL
Shes like an emo hello ktty heavy metal kind of chick in her 30s. Totally sexy.

If it bothers u that much just dye it
with hair men or some crap.

lonesome crow,

yea i agree. they're are definitely worse things in the world then a few gray hairs. thanks everyone

Last year a colleague of mine noticed one grey hair on me. When he told me I was actually kind of happy, I always liked to have gray/white hair. :D

Latest posts

Back