Greetings from Chicago, Illinois

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bez

Reaction score
Good evening (or morning or afternoon as the case may be). I discovered this board a few weeks ago during a bout of depression after Googling the phrase "Why am I so lonely?" It's good to see that there are many who feel the same as I often do.

I'm a 28 year-old single father who shares custody of my 4 year-old son. He's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

The main source of my loneliness has been my lack of confidence in social situations, and my lack of success in finding a mate. I thought I'd be married by now but alas, still single. My son's mom broke up with me a year ago after we'd been together for four years. I've all but given up on dating due to a couple of promising, yet disappointing situations earlier this year.

I'd like to think there's a woman out there for me. I'm a good-looking guy, but I'm a quiet laid-back bookworm. Women don't seem to like nerds. My hope for finding a woman is fading...

Sorry for the lengthiness of this post but I just wanted to give a little background on who I am. I look forward to sharing the board with you all.

Welcome to the forum.

welcome to the forum Bez! You sound like a wonderful father. Please dont hesitate to post on the forum and PLEASE do pop into chat sometime :)

Latest posts

Back