Has Your Life Turned Out The Way You Thought It Would Be Growing Up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey All.:)

When you ask a young child what it is that they want to be when they grow up, most likely they will say a doctor, and astronaut, firefighter, etc. They often picture themselves as adults and have many ideas and goals that they expect to fulfill.

My question is, has your life as you know it right now, turned out the way that you envisioned it to be in any way when you were young?

@LK: I've experienced a lot, traveled a lot, been to places I only ever dreamed of going as a kid, or never even heard about back then. Plus when I was a kid what I wanted to be when I grew up/how I wanted to live changed every couple of months. :p

Barbaloot said:
@LK: I've experienced a lot, traveled a lot, been to places I only ever dreamed of going as a kid, or never even heard about back then. Plus when I was a kid what I wanted to be when I grew up/how I wanted to live changed every couple of months. :p
Cool. I've always wanted to travel.

LoneKiller said:
Barbaloot said:
Cool. I've always wanted to travel.

What's stopping you?

Barbaloot said:
LoneKiller said:

Start saving.
Money burns a hole in my pocket. I've tried to save up for things and along the way a new awesome game would be out, or clothes and I end up spending what money I had saved up. I guess it all just boils down to how bad I want to travel.

Let me I say this poem to begin with :

" Love was assumed to be simple at first but did occur many hardship "​

Well, nobody is aware what will occur in the future and what will be his destiny. The doors are closed and nobody knows what is beyond those. I hadn't any specific Idea for further years when I was younger. I was joyful as I was beside my friends and family. I had a series of free and sweet thoughts. The world was very vast and amazing for me and I thought that sweet life is enough to be happy about my fortune. In teenage season I never wished to be doctor , engineer, teacher etc. I just wished to be beside my family and my alley friends and that was a very simple and inexperience thought. The world and destiny don't humor to anyone. Those are serious and sometime very bitter. Thereafter the world taught me the life is not so simple which I supposed and whatever I have wished, would not occur to me.... Now I think life is as a horse that we are riding on it but it hasn't any rein to steer or control it

I've actually never thought about my future much at all. My life has always been so unstable that I simply think about being ready for what comes next.

Turned out how I expected relationship wise, not so much for job though.

Professionally, I have exceeded my wildest expectations.

Personally, absolutely not. I always had this dream of reading "The Night Before Christmas" to my kids. That's never going to happen now. Even if I were married, I don't think I'd want kids at this age and most likely who I was married to would either have grown children or not want any(more) at this point in their life either. So I'm never going to have grandkids to spoil either. Definitely not what I was expecting. :(

My life is like nothing I imagined. I lived my dream from college. Became one of the top paid software engineers in the country. But that dream destroyed me. The stress along with being bi-polar made me very ill. I am now disabled.

Now I struggle to live a normal life. But I will never be the next Bill Gates, if that's what you mean. My medication dumbs me down. I've sacrificed part of my intelligence to try and survive. I just play online games all day.

Maybe that's a dream come true... LOL

Latest posts

Back