Have you ever been bullied in school?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you been bullied in school?

• Yes

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
lonelyfairy said:
Spy said:
lonelyfairy said:
For 9 years of hell (and 1-2 years in kindergarten).

****. Are you of now?

I haven't been bullied for few years now, thank goodness. :) But it left so many scars of course... :/

Have you done something to stop the bullying?

Spy said:
lonelyfairy said:
Spy said:
lonelyfairy said:
For 9 years of hell (and 1-2 years in kindergarten).

****. Are you of now?

I haven't been bullied for few years now, thank goodness. :) But it left so many scars of course... :/

Have you done something to stop the bullying?

It stopped when my school was finished. I did tell to my parents and to the teachers and teachers only ONCE tried to do something about it... I'm sad that no one called police. In my country it's acceptable. I feel very wronged that no one helped me, it still makes me little mad sometimes.

lonelyfairy said:
I'm sad that no one called police. In my country it's acceptable.

What??? I'm curious. Could you tell me in which country you live?

Personally, I think it is unacceptable to bully somebody. It's a mentality we need to change.

Last week at work, I saw a primary school classroom. One of the boys, around 11 or 12 years old, was harassing a girl from his class. I told the two teachers and they didn't say anything. I, then, told the bully that when I was his age, I was bullied for years and one of my teacher told me to punch one and that's exactly what I did. I fighted and punched six bullies in about a three months period. I told this young bully to be careful because when victimes have enough they will punch him hard. Then he said he doesn't care.

:club:

Spy said:
lonelyfairy said:
I'm sad that no one called police. In my country it's acceptable.

What??? I'm curious. Could you tell me in which country you live?

Personally, I think it is unacceptable to bully somebody. It's a mentality we need to change.

Last week at work, I saw a primary school classroom. One of the boys, around 11 or 12 years old, was harassing a girl from his class. I told the two teachers and they didn't say anything. I, then, told the bully that when I was his age, I was bullied for years and one of my teacher told me to punch one and that's exactly what I did. I fighted and punched six bullies in about a three months period. I told this young bully to be careful because when victimes have enough they will punch him hard. Then he said he doesn't care.

:club:

Yes, you heard right. My parents would have been able to write and send crime/police report to the police, because it's not normal to bully SAME person for 9 YEARS. It's a crime/harassment. I live in Finland. If the school can't do anything, police can do. :) Police is usually the last step if nothing else helps. There are even an articles on the police's website about bullying and contacting to the police.

It's very very wrong, at least I know exactly what to do if I have own children someday and they get bullied. It's mental violence. Even 4-5 years old can bully. Usually it's ignoring in the kindergarten, not inviting to play with them etc. Children can be very cruel and smart too. And if no one (adult) tell to them that bullying is wrong, of course they will continue doing it. And usually children are very honest too. I was just the very quiet and shy lonely girl, very easy target I guess..

Haha, violence is wrong but in my opinion that punching was the right thing to do. Otherwise they will never ever learn what is wrong. Bullies should care or police men will come. ^_^

Exactly. I am against violence but sometimes I feel it is necessary. When you hit a bully in the face he doesn't see you like that quiet victim anymore. He sees you like somebody that can defend.

Today, I'm 43. When I look back, I can pinpoint most of my social problems, lack of relationship, fear of big crowd ... to bullying. If I knew I would have taken boxing lessons early on. Boxing brings self-confidence, get us in shape and make the others around us fear us. And when people fear you I makes you less likely to be bullied.

So if you are bullied, build fear around you. Make other people fear you. Become unpredictable and take boxing lessons.

I just hear a good news this morning. A 13 years old girl from Montreal has called her father and tell him she want to come home after leaving her home about a week ago. Apparently, she was a bullying victim.

I see a lot more stories like this one in the last years but most of them are not as good as this one. We need to do something. But I don't know what?

Here is the link if you read in french or translate: http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...yberpresse_BO2_quebec_canada_178_accueil_POS3

Yea, about the same. Only verbally. I did not have a lot of friends in school because I did not find many people with similar interests and didn't feel like I could talk to anyone. I've since changed, but that's how it was. For the most part in school, I wasn't really bullied. It was more like, nobody felt the need to take me seriously, or invite me to things, or talk to me much. I was the definition of a wallflower. I had friendships, but it wasn't really until the college years that those friendships blossomed into what they are today. I don't have a lot of friends, but I've always felt that quality trumps quantity any day, and the friends I have are all top-notch if you ask me.

The worst thing that happened though, was not in school but out of it. I was verbally bullied by 3 kids who lived on my block, and occasionally their two other friends who came over. So that's five on one. They never touched me, but it still made me mad that they couldn't just leave me alone, that they had the audacity to go out of their way to put me down. "Little shits" would be the perfect term to describe them - middle class kids 2 years younger than me who thought it was cool to be seen listening to rap and brag about money and apparently, to put me down about things like money and not being good at sports - nevermind that they themselves did not earn money, nor were they that weren't great at sports or anything themselves. They would yell at me from their yards, from inside their houses, and frequently invade my personal space, even coming over onto our property uninvited. And me not having a crew of my own, had no one to help me fight them. That didn't even cross my mind until later, when they were gone. One winter I did grab one of them and threw him down on the pavement so hard he was bleeding from the head and got a concussion. It took me until senior year of high school one day when they all were harassing me at my house, that I finally told them "fresia you" and slammed the door in their faces. It took me that long because I didn't want to have problems and I didn't want to turn nasty. I wanted to stay in my own little world of toys and games and talking cartoon animals. I wanted to keep my innocence and happiness.

Then at some point in college something changed. It might sound silly but I discovered punk rock, and when I listened to bands like Rancid and Templars, I decided I'd never take honeysuckle from anyone again. I felt like I was 10 feet tall. I still wanted to be nice and happy and innocent, but at the same time, I remembered the bullies, and really thought about how they were. They never beat me up, in fact, I don't remember them touching me at all. They would always gang up on me but never tried anything alone - they were cowards. They were also, come to think of it, kind of effeminate, actually. It only made me madder. I wanted my fight that I never gave. I haven't really seen them in 10 years now, so it's unlikely I'll get it. Sometimes I feel like I won't get closure until I've really messed one of them up because I feel that I should have fought, but I don't like thinking that way because it won't change the past and those times are over. Maybe there was a time and place where I should have fought but it's gone. I know it's not a progressive way to live my life. It didn't even happen a whole lot, really. So I don't want a small thing like that to color a childhood that was largely very enjoyable.

Thanks TheSkaFish for your comment.

I personnally think that most bullies are cowards. They act when they are with their friends but rarely alone.

Don't ever try to knock one today. Especially if you are 18 and over because the consequences are far more than when you were teen.

Good luck on your journey :)

Spy said:
Thanks TheSkaFish for your comment.

I personnally think that most bullies are cowards. They act when they are with their friends but rarely alone.

Don't ever try to knock one today. Especially if you are 18 and over because the consequences are far more than when you were teen.

Good luck on your journey :)

You know, you're totally right. Not even considering the consequences, it just isn't worth my time or effort. I've got a life to live. And they, as far as I know, never became much of anything. Just average 9-5ers. They've got nothing I want. Even winning their fear, it's not really anything. I'll probably never see them again anyway. I'd like to just delete them from my life completely. No sense letting them live in my head rent-free :)

Latest posts

Back