Hello, from Rox!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rox2

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Rox - a 23-year-old female from Texas.

I don't know what kind of background to give. I am not a shy person; I have no trouble talking to people, and I do have people that I hang out with often enough - but I still feel lonely and empty inside.

Honestly, I think my biggest dilemma comes into play when I find myself trying to form more intimate relations - I desire them so much, but I don't feel like they are even possible for me. Even with my best friend, I will go through periods (such as now) where I just get this feeling of needing/wanting to end it all - but I don't, nor do I say anything to her, because it's just me, and I know it usually passes in a few hours or days.

Really, I just want to communicate with people, talk to people with similar problems and/or interests so I [hopefully] don't feel like as much of an outcast.

Thanks for the welcomes, all! I'm looking forward to [hopefully] talking with some of you.

IgnoredOne, what part of Texas are you from?

Hey Rox..
I'm not often feeling lonely, but I do feel empty as well. Can get to know each other if you like, and see how we get along. What are your interests anyway? :) I'm 23 years old .. from Norway!

I liked your introduction by the way!

AfterDark said:
Hey Rox..
I'm not often feeling lonely, but I do feel empty as well. Can get to know each other if you like, and see how we get along. What are your interests anyway? :) I'm 23 years old .. from Norway!

I liked your introduction by the way!

Thanks! Honestly, I never really know how to answer that question; my interests change up quite a bit. I do enjoy working, even though I dislike the place I work. Outside of work, I enjoy hanging out with "friends." Karaoke nights, bowling nights, etc. I just spent a couple of years studying typology/personality typing systems, but I have pretty much grown bored with that, so I'm trying to find a new area of interest to study on at the moment. How about you?

IgnoredOne said:
Dallas. You?

Not too far from you. I'm in Fort Worth!

Hmm.. you've come further than me! I've only finished high school. I'm working as a security guard, which I find alright. I don't have any plans to study any further, but we'll see. Got no ambitions or dreams ><.
So, you have/used to have some interest in people? Psychology?
I have few hobbies. When I'm not working I'm usually at home, playing computer games, reading books or manga, watching tv series/anime or movies. I don't have any friends irl any longer, so it's only natural to stay at home a lot then. However I could hang out with my co workers if I really wanted to, they're decent guys.

I can relate to yearning intimate relationships as you've mentioned; as it used to be something I wanted too. These days I'm not though, thinking of it in another way. Instead of constantly seeking and longing for, I'm just open for the possibility, perhaps I will find such friendship once again. I have found friends on this website, one in particular, that I consider a true friend.

Can PM each other instead if you'd prefer that.. anyway.. I've got work now, take care!

Hi Rox and welcome to the forums. We have lots of great people here and I'm sure you will fit right in. :)

Hey Rox2 just saw you on chat, where did you disappear off to?
Not that it matters, welcome.

Hello. Welcome to these forums. I can sort of relate. I do know a lot of people and am not too shy to talk to them, yet I feel really lonely. It's an odd feeling.

Hope you enjoy it here :)

Latest posts

Back