hello there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoRain

Reaction score
I'm not very good at this, but I've been feeling even more lonely than usual and feel like I have no one to talk to that truly understands how I feel. Guess I'll tell a little bit more about myself..

I'm 24, currently living with my parents. I'm the youngest of 3; my sister, the eldest, is the one to look up to, the successful one with the amazing life; my brother is my mom's favorite. They're both pretty normal, I'm the freaky one. I've always been the one that doesn't have boyfriends or that many friends, that doesn't go to nightclubs or doesn't like what everyone else does. My parents recognize that I'm not like everyone else, but they don't stop to think about how that makes me feel, they just think I'm being lazy and stubborn. Because I feel like an outsider even in my own family, I was always pushed into doing what everyone else wanted, and expected to do so with a huge smile, even if I was feeling like the biggest honeysuckle on earth inside. My mom has always questioned why cant I be like everyone else, and that always made me feel like I wasn't good enough for her.

I graduated last year, can't find a job, had to move back home and feel like a huge failure. To make things worse, I feel like the one best friend I had that helped me go through my teenage years and an extreme depression doesn't care about me anymore. He was the one person I had that I could run to and be honest about myself, but I guess I don't fit in his life anymore now that things are looking up for him.

So pretty much looking for other people that feel like total outsiders and who are tired of going through everything on their own when it seems like every single person around you has someone to lean on.

Sorry for the big post..

First off, welcome to ALL :)
My mom has always questioned why cant I be like everyone else
I hate it when parents do this, they shouldn't try to make their kids be people they aren't.

I'm sure you'll find people with similar stories here.
Including yours truly, professional outsider since 2001, also been through the "abandoned by friends" thing.
Feel free to send me a message if you want someone to talk to, otherwise have fun on the forums :)

I can relate to pretty much everything you're saying here, believe it or not i know how you feel.

On here you'll find many like minded people, and i hope you can find what you're looking for.!

And of course, my warmest welcome to the forums! If you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to message me!

Hello :)

I'm also new here, also 24 and also recently graduated. And also lonely, I guess. Many similarieties ;)
Send me a pm if you like, I'll listen to your story and share mine with you.

Hi NoRain, I see you're new to this board just like me! I've also struggled with the unemployment situation as well.

Hi NoRain, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that things haven't been looking so great for you. Please hang in there, I'm sure there are some people on here who can relate and I hope you'll find some you can connect and be friends with. :)

Latest posts

Back