Hello World!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borntofloat

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

My name is Stef(32F) and I find myself on this website from time to time... I've never really been one to post in forums but I'm giving it a go now... I guess out of sheer desperation!

I haven't got much wrong with me - so I'm told(!) But I do have ADHD for which I take medication (I'm told in order to be normal lol!) but basically I still find it pretty hard (...and just quite draining if I'm honest) to interact with people in general. I somehow used to be able to make friends obviously a lot better than I do now... and basically I've let most of my lang standing friendships now lapse sadly. I wish I could- but I have just never really been able to come across as quite that 'normal' to people and I have been getting more and more self conscious as I get older and I guess therein lies the problem! I have been struggling to find help that I can access here (in the North East of England) so I guess that means I'm left with pretty much just the resources on the internet!

In the real world, I keep myself occupied with a lot of pets - I have two small pekingese dogs, a couple of fish and about 40(!) Syrian Hamsters (I've been getting very interested in genetics of late even thou I have never studied biological science) I have been keeping busy designing and building various hamster toys and habitats (my hamsters live a much more luxurious lifestyle that I do!;-) So alas it's all quite way over the top - I had intended to try to make some sort of a business out of it but having no business acumen it's just ending up costing me many many thausands of pounds... and you're right to think for what - on a 'minor' rodent infestation?! Somehow that must make sense in my head :-/ after all I am apparently by profession a dyslexic geophysics data analyst with acute unmanaged ADHD... - that life can indeed be a bit of a quandry. See I told you I was weird! But at least I have always been able laugh at myself! ;-)

So now back to all practicalities - I find myself for the last few months now basically flat broke leaving back with my very aged parents in the middle of nowhere. So this is my first forum post!

Greetings,
Stef

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of people in similar situations here, I hope you find what you are looking for. PM me if you wanna chat sometime.

Latest posts

Back