"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what we need, more ways to clutter everything with adverts.

What was that movie where sound is beamed to people and averts targeted for specific people? Can't remember atm. Been a long time since I saw it.

Something like that was in Back to the Future 2. The adverts that is. It might have been in Blade Runner, and The Fifth Element too.

This invention is really awesome though. It's only a matter of time before we have handheld lightsabers.

I still don't get how those concerts work. Are they projecting onto some kind of glass or something? All of those glowsticks are reflecting off of something it looks like.

[Edit- Yeah it looks like some kind of glass wall.]

kamya said:
I still don't get how those concerts work. Are they projecting onto some kind of glass or something?

There's a screen. Its obvious at 0:00 to 0:04 from the light reflection, alas. But one day, that will no longer be necessary.

I don't know if this is related or not, with the projection on a screen or whatever, but I thought I would post it cuz I think its at least cool.

[video=youtube]

The description...
"Miami's American Airlines Arena is home not only to 2006 NBA Champion Miami HEAT, but also to the first major installation of Mediamesh in the United States. GKD and American Airlines recently unveiled the first-of-its-kind energy-efficient digital media façade which has transformed downtown Miami into what's being called "Times Square South." Blending seamlessly with the arena architecture, Mediamesh—with its stainless steel and embedded LEDs—covers the Arena's west face, making it the largest digital LED display in the Southeast region of the United States."

Latest posts

Back