Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Locke said:
Aww.....She's just trying to raise you the right way, LK! :p

Niko Bellic's entire GTA IV criminal misadventure could have been avoided if he had a Gran like yours to scold him.
Oh. don't get me wrong. It would take a helluva lot more than that for me to quit playing games that contain profanity. I didn't snap back at her out of respect. Besides, she's got a mouth like a sailor.

Sounds like something my grandma would have done.

I miss her so much. 2 years gone in December. You're lucky you still have one, LK.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Sounds like something my grandma would have done.

I miss her so much. 2 years gone in December. You're lucky you still have one, LK.
You have my deepest sympathies Muse. I'm sure she was a great lady. Instead of my being lucky, I'd say blessed.

Shoot, my Grandma used to play Super Mario brothers with me as a kid.

She wouldn't have been into the shooting games, but she did like video games.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

That's awesome! A hip granny!

LoneKiller said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

She was also into computers and technology. She would use her computer with a sewing and embroidery machine to make things. And this was into her late 80's.

One of the best advices that's ever been given to me was to go into computers. She told me that in high school...I am just now starting to heed her advice.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LoneKiller said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

She was also into computers and technology. She would use her computer with a sewing and embroidery machine to make things. And this was into her late 80's.

One of the best advices that's ever been given to me was to go into computers. She told me that in high school...I am just now starting to heed her advice.
I'm glad to hear that. Often times we don't take the advice of those who've been around the block before us. If I knew half of what my grandmother forgot about life I'd be much more enlightened than I am now.

"Listen, puta! I'm gonna play GTA whenever the f*** I want, I will f***ing play 'Leisure Suit Larry Goes to Bangkok' if I f***ing well please. So keep your old arthritic nose out of my business, you dumbass busybody can't-walk-without-a-cane godd***ed gray-haired biddy!"

Well maybe it's a good thing you didn't say that...but that's what came to mind when I first read your post. Only difference is I don't think in asterisks...

;)

ladyforsaken said:
Hahaha.. sorry Jason, that just made me laugh. :D
lol It is comical. She made feel like a 6yo getting caught eating cookies before dinner. Could have been worse. I could have been playing Leisure Suit Larry.:p

MTrip said:
"Listen, puta! I'm gonna play GTA whenever the f*** I want, I will f***ing play 'Leisure Suit Larry Goes to Bangkok' if I f***ing well please. So keep your old arthritic nose out of my business, you dumbass busybody can't-walk-without-a-cane godd***ed gray-haired biddy!"

Well maybe it's a good thing you didn't say that...but that's what came to mind when I first read your post. Only difference is I don't think in asterisks...

;)
*points finger* Don't make have to wash your mouth out with soap.

[/quote]

Um...LK, dude, I enjoyed that when my old girlfriend did it. But having another man do it to me? I'm not that kinky, okay?...

MTrip said:

Um...LK, dude, I enjoyed that when my old girlfriend did it. But having another man do it to me? I'm not that kinky, okay?...
[/quote]
Really? I was hoping you were.:p

Tell her to fresia off and make you some cookies or something.

Before you kill her like you kill hookers in your vidya game.

Due to the burgeoning human population (enlarging it past already-unsustainable levels) worldwide, the certainty that petroleum & natural gas will become harder to obtain, the hyper-partisanship in politics in the US & Europe (to say nothing of the Near Eastern states) & its consequent mental derangement & distortion of perceptions, & the utter lack of necessary regulation for banking & finance, among other factors, my guess is there will be:
  • rising crime among the poor, with capture & punishment unevenly applied.
  • another scandal involving $$billions££ or more, deception & obscurantism on the part of financial titans, & another bailout of banks with public money.
  • in the West, slight possibilities of right-wing & left-wing dingbats not being content with flaming each other or street protests--they may start brawling with each other (I'd like to see that)
  • a lowering of living standards throughout much of the developed world, more in some places than others. An example would be use of motor vehicles restricted to government officials, the rich, & those in trucking & transportation industries due to rising prices for gasoline & diesel fuel.
  • in the big cities & suburbs, the emergence of grinding poverty, the kind that most Americans, Europeans, & Japanese don't have a sense of. I'm talking Third World living conditions: Endemic violence, pack-related as well as individual/random. Everyone arming themselves because the local government has ceased to be effective. Faces with pockmarks, running sores, missing teeth, etc. because there are no hospitals or modern medical care. Riots over the smallest, most trivial provocations. The kind of poverty one sees in central Africa or Latin American states.
  • Further degeneration of mass consumerist culture, esp. in the United States. "Idiocracy" is not only a cultural critique, but a prediction.

The above is not a conclusive list. It's also an educated guess. One of the several sources I have used for said projections, besides my own experiences, can be found here: The Coming Anarchy

I want to be positive: People are going to realize what they are doing to this planet and that this economy system isn't good. More ecological cities and better technology. Something very bad will happen too before that, though. So humans will see that we just CAN'T continue in this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back