Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By what standard is "perfect" defined? Religious? Social? I strongly suspect that the "perfect world" each of us would imagine would be quite different as the details got sorted out. I'm sure there'd be many of the same ideals (eradication of poverty, disease, social status, etc....) but we'd all imagine it a different way. I'm sure my perfect world would look unsettling to perfanoff, his would be foreign to ladyforsaken, hers to Pogs (actually Pogs would look really messed up :p), and so forth. It just brings us back full-circle to the imperfect world we're in now that most of us want to try and make a little better according to our individual standards.

Hahaha!!! In that perfect world, BC would be a full grown man :p

Today I had to spend 10 minutes arguing with a customer explaining that, if their total is $38 and she gives me $50, the change is $12. "No, you're short. It's not all here." for 10 ******* minutes until I just turned around and left.

Well, I've got my chainsaw for exactly this kind of situation!

WildernessWildChild said:
By what standard is "perfect" defined? Religious? Social? I strongly suspect that the "perfect world" each of us would imagine would be quite different as the details got sorted out. I'm sure there'd be many of the same ideals (eradication of poverty, disease, social status, etc....) but we'd all imagine it a different way. I'm sure my perfect world would look unsettling to perfanoff, his would be foreign to ladyforsaken, hers to Pogs (actually Pogs would look really messed up :p), and so forth. It just brings us back full-circle to the imperfect world we're in now that most of us want to try and make a little better according to our individual standards.

In a perfect world we'd have nothing to disagree on, because there would be no issue that needs to be fixed.

Could have been worse, the only checkouts that were open could have been express lanes with people who had more than 12 items in their cart.

Everyone could eat as many cupcakes as they wanted.

No one has EVAR started a war while chomping down on a cupcake. No one..... unless it's only to start the most delicious food fight in the the world, which is not really a fight...

Perfection is unachievable since everyone has a different view on what is perfect, and somewhere along the line someones opinion will clash with someone elses, creating a flawed and therfore imperfect image.

So I guess a perfect world would be one with no humans in, just beautiful, dumb animals, never evolving, polluting or having a concept of envy, never getting annoyed at how loud its neigbour plays their music, never wanting to murder each other over stupid basic impulses.

But in terms of right now, perfection would be no social class and gained "momentum" as currency, meaning as they worked, played, contributed to society and generally helped further the human race, you gained rewards. If you cheated, lied, hated or otherwise murdered your fellow man, you lost momentum. AND DIED POOR AND ALONE, IN THE PIT OF MISERY YOU TRIED DIGGING FOR OTHERS, BUT ONLY DUG FOR YOURSELF.

Dammit LoneKiller, you're not the only person on this forum that likes making threads you know. (Stop using up the **** server space!)

No in all seriousness, the guy was probably having a really shitty day and saw you filling your cart, figured you were some fat ******* who planned on cleaning out a cheap section of "junkish food" from the store to live on for the next century, and I guess that image he painted for himself (however wrong it might be) instantly clicked in his head, and due to his cranky nature, decided to make a wisecrack.

Either that, or everyone on this planet are all depressed with society and have just given up, hating everyone and everything in it.

He'll be dead from Suicide-by-Cop by next week.

Once I was in a store and saw some old prick arguing with a fairly young new manager, about wanting some particular salmon they had been selling cheap the previous day. He whined, went on about not having a lot of money and such, bitching and complaining as he goes, the typical I'M THE CUSTOMER AND THAT MEANS I'M ALWAYS RIGHT behaviour most people have when things come down to handing money over...anyway, started moaning about the fish being gone as if it was her fault...so in order to get rid of him, she allowed him to have a nicer, more expensive version of the fish (probably from their finest range, instead of the value range) for the price of the discounted fish he previously wanted. His response wasn't thought out, probably because he really just wanted to fight more and prove himself right - "I don't want that fish for (threepoundsomething) I wanted that fish for (threepoundsomething) at which point I exploded and died inside.

I guess some people are just born to cause honeysuckle.

I think I have shitty customer service skills. Whenever there is some bs complaint like that my default response is "Sorry sir, but that's not my problem."

Greb said:
Dammit LoneKiller, you're not the only person on this forum that likes making threads you know. (Stop using up the **** server space!)

No in all seriousness, the guy was probably having a really shitty day and saw you filling your cart, figured you were some fat ******* who planned on cleaning out a cheap section of "junkish food" from the store to live on for the next century, and I guess that image he painted for himself (however wrong it might be) instantly clicked in his head, and due to his cranky nature, decided to make a wisecrack.

Either that, or everyone on this planet are all depressed with society and have just given up, hating everyone and everything in it.

He'll be dead from Suicide-by-Cop by next week.

Once I was in a store and saw some old prick arguing with a fairly young new manager, about wanting some particular salmon they had been selling cheap the previous day. He whined, went on about not having a lot of money and such, bitching and complaining as he goes, the typical I'M THE CUSTOMER AND THAT MEANS I'M ALWAYS RIGHT behaviour most people have when things come down to handing money over...anyway, started moaning about the fish being gone as if it was her fault...so in order to get rid of him, she allowed him to have a nicer, more expensive version of the fish (probably from their finest range, instead of the value range) for the price of the discounted fish he previously wanted. His response wasn't thought out, probably because he really just wanted to fight more and prove himself right - "I don't want that fish for (threepoundsomething) I wanted that fish for (threepoundsomething) at which point I exploded and died inside.

I guess some people are just born to cause honeysuckle.
Very cute Greb.:p

I've worked customer service. I know what it's like to experience people like this.

The solution is to just not care what people say. People are idiots. Einstein said the only thing that is definite is human stupidity.

kamya said:
I think I have shitty customer service skills. Whenever there is some bs complaint like that my default response is "Sorry sir, but that's not my problem."

I'd like to think that your "sh*tty customer skills" are probably helping to preserve your sanity amidst the handfulls of bs you have slung at you.

What I wouldn't give to hear someone say to a customer, "they don't pay me enough to care." ... well I'd probably give a thumbs up, at least. Or a better tip.

Poguesy said:
It's at times like this I'm glad we all have beans to rely on.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So we have beans at every meal.

Have you ever had any bad food experiences? I once ate too much dulse and threw up big time. I also remember getting sick after eating 4 mars bars in a row. You?

Similar to you... I eat that much in a Chinese restaurant once, that I couldn't drive home I was bursting so much.

I've had loads of them. Most of them are down to my own stupidity. Numerous times I have eaten or drank too much and ended up vomiting. I also got food poisoning from a badly cooked burger. One story stands out though...

When I was in my late teens, I was temporarily living with my friend and his house was an absolute tip. We had no jobs, no TV and we just spent the entire time stoned out of our domes and laughing inanely. Think Beavis and Butthead and you wouldn't be far off. Anyway, we were really stoned, it was like 4am and we had no food... then we found several pounds of stewing steak in the bottom of his freezer. Unfortunately, we didn't have a microwave. We tried putting the whole thing under the grill, which just browned the outside, but left the inside luke-warm at best.

I still remember standing in the kitchen attempting to eat it in slices of stale bread. We just stood there with blood running down out faces from the raw meat. We were still laughing though.

When Kid was born (her and Mom had to stay in the hospital a few days) my mother shows up to "help". I'd stopped at the house after work to change on my way to the hospital and mother had dinner waiting. I sat down and started eating the delicious smelling chicken in front of me but as I started chewing I noticed the texture of bubble gum. I'm thinking "oh hell, it's not cooked" and casually managed to spit the chicken out as I "wiped" my lips with a napkin. I didn't know what to say as she'd made a big deal about making it special for me- she left the room for a minute and I quickly cut open the rest of it, saw it was basically raw, threw it in the bottom of the garbage can, and rinsed my mouth out with tequila (spit out the first mouthful, drank the second to...ummm...calm my nerves ;)) When she came back she offered me seconds but I told her I was full and wanted to see Kid n' her Mom so I left.

I got to the hospital and the first words out of my mouth were "Hon, you have to come home, my mothers trying to kill me..."- my ex laughed her ass off (painfully, she'd had emergency surgery due to complications) as I described the lukewarm texture of "bubblegum chicken" and my fear of going back to the house.

It took me many months to eat chicken again and my ex got a lot of miles out of teasing me about "bubblegum chicken" and my mothers cooking in general (have you ever seen grey lasagna? I grew up with it and was shocked to discover no one else in the world made it look- and taste, grey).

Oh happy memories of my childhood *shudder*.....

I almost choked to death on a soft piece of bacon. I was about 6 or 7 and was at a Jack-in-the-Box with my grandmother and brother, and it got lodged in the back of my throat. A guy in the restaurant had to give me the Heimlich maneuver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back