Hi, I'm new and I'm stuck.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redfordman

Reaction score
My name is Dan. I'm from Michigan (USA). I don't know where to post this or whom to go to for help. I'm a homemaker. My wife is the breadwinner. I have no support system and no real means to be financially independent. After 20 years of hoping for change there has been little. Nearly all responsibilities fall upon my shoulders. My wife is, in many ways, a child in an adult's body. I'm a 47 year old decent man who feels trapped and out of options. Thank you for allowing me into this group. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. My fondest wish and desire is to find a woman who would appreciate me. I've missed out on so much in 20 years such as love, intimacy and equality. I hate to think that it's too late for me.

Welcome to ALL, Dan.

There are always options and it's never too late, but the first step would be getting divorced if you're not happy and want to find someone else. Are you sure your wife doesn't/wouldn't appreciate you? I'm not telling you to stay with her necessarily, but sometimes when you are stuck and feel trapped, you don't always see what you really have.

Could you get a job or even go back to school for something? Anything that would make you appreciate yourself more or have something to do.

Hi Dan,

I am pretty new here too. I am also pretty outspoken and opinaionated. No offense is ever meant.

Your post is confusing to me for you say your wife is the breadwinner, that she supports the household. But then you say you have all the responsibilities? Isn't a job a big responsibility? And depending upon the job, it can really take it out of you...

and I don't understand why you feel your wife is a child in an adult's body...

I do agree wholeheartedly with Callie though - you always end one relationship before you begin a new one. There is too much heartbreak all around if you don't.

Latest posts

Back