Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

boojeboy

Hey there. So it looks like I've finally been approved to make a new post, so here we go. What to say, what to say?

Well, I'm 33, male, and live in Kentucky. Please don't say any crap about "Kentucky Fried Chicken" or anything like that. Dear God I've traveled the world and been to four continents and people always say the same thing. I'm already depressed--I don't need anymore help there.

So I've been lonely pretty much my entire life. It doesn't get any easier, in fact it just keeps getting harder. The older you get the more difficult it is to meet people. People get married, have families, move away, and you're still sitting around alone on the weekend with your cat. Fun times.

I've got a lot of mental issues which I'm sure plenty of people on here do. I've dealt with depression most of my life, plus I have issues with anxiety and PTSD from my military service. I'm in therapy and have gotten a much better handle on my PTSD, but it isn't like my social life is any better. What pisses me off all the more is that I should be happy. I'm about to graduate nursing school in a few months and radically change my life, plus I'm in good health for the most part, physically active, and most girls tend to think I'm a good looking guy. Not that any of this matters. Not that any of this does or will do anything for me in my social life.

I don't really know what I expect out of this forum. I suppose it would be nice to just feel like people care, if even just a little, because I don't really have any support in real life. People always act like they are there for you and that you can give them a call, but it is crap. People just want to smile, laugh and have a good time--no one wants to bother themselves with someone else's unhappiness. Somehow I just suck at life and I always have. It doesn't get any easier, if anything life just gets harder, more lonely. I'm talking epic, soul crushing loneliness, so palpable that it feels like I'm choking on it and can't breathe.

Welcome Boojeboy. I think that you will find a lot of people here who understand loneliness. I hope it helps you.

Hey boojeboy. It was nice to see you in chat. I hope to see you around!

Latest posts

Back