Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.Bree.x

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here (obviously). I sort of stumbled upon this forum and read through some of the posts and this seems like a place where I might actually be able to fit in, which is nice for a change. I guess I should probably tell you a little about myself. I'm 18 (will be 19 in August) and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I'm an only child and I just completed my first year of college in the Early Childhood Education program. I really love the program and I hope to one day own my own daycare. Other than that I like to sleep a lot, mostly because I don't have much else to do. I also like to design houses / floor plans, which I guess is a bit of a weird hobby but it keeps me busy. Right now I'm off school until September, so I'm hoping hanging around here will give me something to do :p

If there's anything else about me you want to know, just ask :D

x.Bree.x

Hello Bree, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll like it here.

x.Bree.x said:
I just completed my first year of college in the Early Childhood Education program.

What kind of things do you focus on in the program? I'm really interested in education and learning, but don't know much about it at that age group!

spuzzwink said:
Hello Bree, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll like it here.

x.Bree.x said:
I just completed my first year of college in the Early Childhood Education program.

What kind of things do you focus on in the program? I'm really interested in education and learning, but don't know much about it at that age group!

Well early childhood education focuses mainly on the first 12 years of a child's life. So basically from conception onward 12 years.. We had a course on infant / toddler development, literature, music and movement (so like how to engage children in stories and music and being active and stuff), health and safety (mainly in childcare settings), and there was so much more I can't even remember it all right at the moment :p We also had a field placement where we would be working with the children one day a week (I was with a senior kindergarten class - age 5) which was totally awesome! I loved it! and next year i'll have a preschool (age 3ish) and toddler placement (age 1-2ish) and I know we're going to have a course focusing on school-aged children and children with exceptionalities (such as autism / down syndrome, etc.) which I'm really looking forward to. It's really an excellent program, I'm so happy I chose it. The only thing is, if you're more interested in teaching (like kindergarten and up) rather than daycare then you need more schooling - but I'm not headed that way so I don't know too much about that part of it

I hope that answers your question :D

x.Bree.x

SophiaGrace said:
welcome to the forum! stay a bit! we'd love to have you come haunt chat! :p

I'm not sure how well my haunting abilities are working at the moment:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back