homeless man

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aribeth

Reaction score
I am drunk tonight and housing a homeless man for a second night. He is very smart an intelligent. He does have a drinking problem though. He has a ph in psychiatry and sociology and was a chief several times. He could very well be me on the streets but no enducation on my part. He is grateful for ever little thing. He gets a place on Monday so his homelessness isnt long. Wish I could say the same. He has 2 young boys, all his other kids are grown up and thriving on the most part. He has a second change will I do not. My life has no future unless I find a good family mn to hook up with. One who will treat me like a real woman, besides my age.

Homeless people are not what people seeem. JUst people down on there luck. Sometimes this isn't permanent, to others it is. I just thought I'd share this with yous.

Found myself there 'homeless twice' this year too - terrible shock having always owned my own homes, worked hard to pay my bills and always lived at a high standard of living.

Neither case was my fault, not due to debt or anything I had done. So yes can happen to anyone.

To explain how homelessness feels ' Walk outside of your home and imagine you can never go back inside'.

I greatly respect you for helping this man and I am pleased to hear that he has found somewhere to go.

Sorry to go off Topic but I really feel that 'Lost Drifter' should be commended for offering to send Christmas cards to all members while approaching a very tenuous time as mentioned in above post.

That is very good of you, helping him

I have good reason to believe, most people would see letting a homeless person in their home akin letting a rat in. But there is a hope in the world to know kind people like you exist.

fox said:
That is very good of you, helping him

I have good reason to believe, most people would see letting a homeless person in their home akin letting a rat in. But there is a hope in the world to know kind people like you exist.
I think it's not always the case..
it's not alot different than many other stereotypes. you cannot judge everyone by one pesrons situation.
because one homeless person is a mentally challenged addict doesn't mean the all are,
... and vice versa.

aribeth said:
I am drunk tonight and housing a homeless man for a second night. He is very smart an intelligent. He does have a drinking problem though. He has a ph in psychiatry and sociology and was a chief several times. He could very well be me on the streets but no enducation on my part. He is grateful for ever little thing. He gets a place on Monday so his homelessness isnt long. Wish I could say the same. He has 2 young boys, all his other kids are grown up and thriving on the most part. He has a second change will I do not. My life has no future unless I find a good family mn to hook up with. One who will treat me like a real woman, besides my age.

Homeless people are not what people seeem. JUst people down on there luck. Sometimes this isn't permanent, to others it is. I just thought I'd share this with yous.

I'll play the role of the ******* skeptic and warn you to be sure about what he says to you. Not having your (grown up) children be willing to support him is a big, big red flag.

A woman. A master's degree in architecture. Drinking problem. Mild psychiatric problems. Her brother is doing well but refuses to speak of her or to help her any further. My relative housed her, then hired her on a well-paid job. A few months by, she went paranoid at work (that my relative, her BOSS) was "abusing her labor" when it was just a chance to give her a new life. She drank at work. She absconded then turned to the old habits. Crossing the country and not staying anywhere (she has a HOUSE in the Capitol - the lowest unemployment city in the country!) From what I've heard of this guy's case. It sounds all too similar.

Again, I'm sorry to be the naysayer, and I would really like you to beware aribeth, but I am glad for your heart and I wish everything goes good with this man. He deserves to be given a chance but you deserve for people to have to prove their being dependable.

perfanoff said:
I'll play the role of the ******* skeptic and warn you to be sure about what he says to you. Not having your (grown up) children be willing to support him is a big, big red flag.

Its not skeptic, good to keep an open mind.

I equally helped someone in a situation about 10 years ago who had no where to go. I realised I was helping him feed his drinking habit and actually not doing him any favours by making it very easy for him to carry on making the same mistakes he had always done that put him in the situation in the first place.

He wouldn't listen carried on drinking and ended up sleeping behind the grave stones. Tragic, but you can't help those who won't help themselves.

The only thing you can do is assess why the person has ended up in the situation and question if it is going to be to your own detriment.

Walley said:
I think it's not always the case..
it's not alot different than many other stereotypes. you cannot judge everyone by one pesrons situation.
because one homeless person is a mentally challenged addict doesn't mean the all are,
... and vice versa.
Some people do realize that thankfully..
Though I hope the mentally challenged addict sort of person should be treated human and cared about just as much as any one else

Being drunk is not the best time to exercise discernment and judgment, although I note, it often seems to come with philosophizing.

Latest posts

Back