Horror Films

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

human_condition

Reaction score
so about 3 weeks ago me and some friends watched "Dead Silence". I was drunk at the time so it didn't creep me out, but since then creep images from the film have been keeping me awake at night because I really don't want to have nightmares about it. It's really stupid but I suppose this film pushed all the right buttons to generally creep me out, and it's making me lose sleep! I'm 17 for God's sake, it's childish!

anyway, I was just wondering, has anyone been affected in this way by a horror before? And has anyone actually seen Dead Silence?

Well all of us have at one point in our lives we were all children. But please dont take that the wrong way. But you can always use a dream to over come it by fighting back. Never know could happen thats what pretty much happens in all my nightmares i spend the entire nightmare fighting what im afraid of.

I think it depends on a person. Age doesn't metter. Because I sort of studied myself a little I know that I am very sensititve or something like that and will not watch it or hear someone scream. I will have nightmares. You shouldn't. Its not that you are weak not at all it hurts the general wellbeing of a regular person. You shouldn't do what doesn't help you. I'm not telling u how to live your life, its just this way you'll save your self a lot of nerve cells.

Colette said:
I can't handle torture in films or excessive gore.

gross, why do people even want to watch that? ew... yeah, no.

well, as for me, I love a good psychological thriller. They scare me so bad, I have trouble sleeping for weeks sometimes. But I enjoy every terrified minute of it!

I've never really even watched horror films. So I can't say how I'd react to them, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't really get much fun out of watching them.

The closest thing to the horror genre that I've watched was Are You Afraid of the Dark?. Now THAT was scary. :D

human_condition said:
And has anyone actually seen Dead Silence?
No, but I will now. = O (if I manage to download it ---_--)

But you can always use a dream to over come it by fighting back. Never know could happen thats what pretty much happens in all my nightmares i spend the entire nightmare fighting what im afraid of.
lol... this made me think of Chuck Norris for some reason. o_O Know that site with the Chuck Norris facts?

So it's like...
"Nightmares don't go to sleep because they are afraid to see frey12." :p

I know this movie's kinda old now..but it's the one movie I can not watch. Actually..it has a 'scene' in it that I can't watch..which is weird because I can handle most anything a horror flick throws at me. And when I stop to reflect on it..it's really dumb..because I've seen weirder things. But..you know the part in the movie 'Ring' where the 'girl'(?) comes out of the T.V.? Her long black hair's in her face and she's just crawled out of the television. That scares the heck outta me. I hate it because she's dragging her hands and arms along the floor. That totally freaks me out! It's that sort of slug type crawl that give me goosebumps!!

That and the Blair Witch Project..most people tell me they found that to be pretty lame..but I didn't! I absolutely hated the end of that movie!!

When I saw that "really dumb" underlined I was happy because I hoped it would be a link to something horrible, but it was just regular underlined text with no link in it and I became sad again. :(

mimizu said:
When I saw that "really dumb" underlined I was happy because I hoped it would be a link to something horrible, but it was just regular underlined text with no link in it and I became sad again. :(

really dumb

Thees something horribly unspeakable, rejoice and don't be sad:)

mimizu said:
What a nice young man... he has such good intentions... :)

idk, I've heard some bad stories about that Rick Astley...Bad stories...Let's just say that I wouldn't want to see him behind me in a dark alley...:p

NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Ahhhhhhhhh! The Horror... the horror... gah!

Personally I find horror flicks are like comedy... I usually start laughing and can't stop, or have to leave to let others watch them... I watched The Omen: 666 Malediction with my sister... there's this part where the girl is in the bathroom brushing her teeth and this face mask thing appears behind her, she jumped at least two feet in the air... I laughed and laughed it was great... I've never had a problem with horror... I remember as a kid watching Aliens in 86 or 87... my mom was sitting beside me and I guess she thought she was helping me by trying to cover my eyes in a scary part... anyway she screamed and stabbed me in the eye with her nail I was so mad I could only watch the rest of the movie with one eye, and my injured eye kept watering uncontrollably.

The gory ones I do not like... they don't give me nightmares, they just feel wrong to watch. It's like watching something perverse that you know you shouldn't see or even imagine... they make me depressed and angry. Like the SAW movies, and Turistas... even Se7en had more story line and direction than these pure gore flix they put out today... these ones just pull out the whole story and leave you only with the dementia and perverse gory scenes. Even if the good guys eventually win, they leave me drained, so I don't bother watching that garbage.

I'll watch a thriller, psychotic stuff, horror in traditional sense especially if its based on mythical horror creatures or demonic creatures. Those I don't mind so much... I prefer different movie genres though.

NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Wha'?
Is he twelve years old or something?

Arianna said:
NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Wha'?

The mystery is nobody knows...Is he a mutant child with a trench coat? Or some sort of adult creature that never went through puberty? Maybe we'll never know...Maybe we weren't meant to...

NeverMore said:
Arianna said:
NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Wha'?

The mystery is nobody knows...Is he a mutant child with a trench coat? Or some sort of adult creature that never went through puberty? Maybe we'll never know...Maybe we weren't meant to...

NM...you do make me laugh!!:p:p:p:p:p

Arianna said:
NeverMore said:
Arianna said:
NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Wha'?

NM...you do make me laugh!!:p:p:p:p:p

Thx:p Happy New Year!

human_condition said:
anyway, I was just wondering, has anyone been affected in this way by a horror before? And has anyone actually seen Dead Silence?

This is going to make me sound like a serial killer or something, but watching a good horror movie actually relaxes me. But then, I've been a fan of horror films since I was too young to see them. There isn't much on film that upsets me. Ultimately, I know that what I'm seeing on screen isn't real and is simply geared for the purpose of entertainment. Real life is much more frightening to me.

NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

really dumb

Lovely ;P
Though I actually like cheesy (and un-cheesy) 80's stuff, I agree that this clip does indeed belong in this much underestimated horror-thread.

On a different note, I guess I don't think of gory films as scary, for it indeed had something perverse in it, rather than actually being frightening. For this reason, I never really enjoyed gorefest-movies which demand they be taken seriously. I personally feel they should either have a good story backing it up (Event Horizon), or balance it out with some comedy elements (like in Braindead, Evil Dead, Bad Taste etc). Giving some form of meaning or making light of it makes gore just a part of the film, instead of some misguided attempt to display perverse imagery as being "scary" or even emotionally charged tools to make a more intense film. I think such movies say more about their director than they do about any viewers who find it distasteful.

In terms of scary, I'm a sucker for things like Silent Hill, The Grudge and The Eye. Stuff like that. It's more of a love-hate kind of thing, as films (or anything, actually; from stories to documentaries about ghosts... And shows like Big Brother, of course) like that scare the living daylight out of me, but also fascinate me because of it.
I'm actually much like a sadist in this.
... And a huge nerd, but that isn't really the point.
^^

I remember scaring the living crap out of my brother, there this video on the internet that has a backstreet boys song on it. And when it plays you relax saying 'oh this is a great song' but then this monstrosity appears on the screen and screams. Its like the face from the excorsist, I got into so much trouble that night, because he was crying so loud. Hehe..I think he had nightmares for months. To this day he gets scared of little things, I think I traumatized him :/

Latest posts

Back